Discuss commercial PIR prices in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

buttonmoon

I just spoke to a chap who seemed to think £8-£12 per circuit was a reasonable rate for a commercial PIR.

He claimed the work involves 60 or so circuits per job and that is why the rate is so low.

I told him about the difference between cowboy PIRs that take about an hour to do and in real terms guarantee absolutely nothing and the proper service which would normally take up to a day for a domestic 10-way DB and cost between £200 and £300.

Any ideas??:confused:

If he pays you £12 per circuit then you need to do at least 15 a day for it to be worth your while. I always allow between 45mins to 1 hr per circuit on commercial depending on if boards are marked up etc etc.
Up to you mate but if you allow 1 hour it covers you for extra things like asking people to turn off computers, counting items per circuit and all the usual problems with a PIR.
Just my thoughts but hope it helps.

Big testing companys are charging around £10 per circuit and wanting men to do around 25+per day

I would think they would have to make plenty use of the limitations box on the report in such a case......probably mainly visual with say 10% testing etc :(

Reply to commercial PIR prices in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, 1st time posting here and id like to ask about pricing to get a general feel of where I fit in the domestic market. I...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock