Discuss Commercial Toaster wiring question. Please help. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tyrael

DIY
Reaction score
Hello guys, brand new to these forums so I'm not sure that this is where this should go, but I'm looking for some help with fixing the toaster at the restaurant I work at. I'm a cook but I second as a handyman around the place and I've been tasked with seeking a solution to our issue. The aforementioned toaster is an old Savory PD-4. The issue we're having is that the two center slots are not toasting bread to nearly the extent that the two outer slots are. After replacing all of the elements with brand new ones the result was the same which leads me to believe that somehow the four elements in the center two slots are not getting the correct amount of power. I took the back panel off and started looking around at what the issue could be and quickly noticed that the power receptacle was melted badly. After taking these pictures and looking through the paperwork, my boss called and emailed the company that the old parts distributer has merged into but they said that they did not have the part and that they would not be able to help with advice. After searching around for the part all I could come up with was receptacles that look similar but are different voltages. The model label on the toaster says that it is 208v but the closest thing I could come up with that looks like the same type of plug is a 250v (6-15) here here. My question at this point is can I swap in one of these receptacles or even the 125v one to plug into a normal outlet or will this cause regulation issues? Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• receptacle 2.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 16
  • receptacle 1.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 15
  • toaster model label.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 15
  • receptacle cord.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 16
I agree that the part needs replacing but that is not the cause of the centre elements not heating because if it were none of the elements would function.

Reply to Commercial Toaster wiring question. Please help. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net