SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss contracting through Thames Water in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all

I've got an opportunity that has come up regarding contracting electrical works through Thames Water, this will be working on their private pumping stations replacing control panels etc and providing reactive call outs for power and pump failures etc.
I used to work on these jobs directly for Thames but have gone at it on my own now and need to come up with my prices? have any of you guys carried out these works before or with other utility companies? obviously i want to come in at a reasonable price but don't want to under cut myself as i know you can charge more but unsure exactly what to charge. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks

Tony

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
you pricing by the hour or per job?
pricing per hour on call out works, and per job on control panel replacements?

D

Deleted member 26818

The company I contract to, charges £600 for two people for half a day.
That’s one Qualified person and one labourer/mate.
If the job takes an hour, it’s charged as half a day.
If the job runs over into the second half of the day, it’s a full day at £1200.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
depends on what hourly rate you are comfortable with, and if yo up the rate for out of hours ( add 50% after 6pm and saturdays, 100% after 9pm and sundays. pricing for the job means estimating how long it will take. don't forget youmay have to go to a local supplier for spare parts.

David Prosser

-
Arms
Esteemed
I can't DM you. I guess you have it turned of in your profile.

I don't know about Thames Water but I can give you information on what two other water companies are paying for the PDaS work.

Reply to contracting through Thames Water in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom