Discuss Cowboy Builders have Part P qualified Electrician Inspecting dodgey work! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

The cable could touch a pipe and become live
What could that do ?
Kill you!

Urm,bit overdramatic or what

I did notice he blew the crap out of the face brick getting his cable outside

Lets not have Tony Cable on,he is an has been,there are sure to be some female sparks who can make a better presentation and also out look that regular bimbo presenter Mollie the massager or whoever she is

Last edited:
The cable could touch a pipe and become live
What could that do ?
Kill you!

Urm,bit overdramatic or what

I did notice he blew the crap out of the face brick getting his cable outside

Lets not have Tony Cable on,he is an has been,there are sure to be some female sparks who can make a better presentation and also out look that regular bimbo presenter Mollie the massager or whoever she is

Um..................What's the damn bonding there for then? RCD? Can anyone say dumkoph?

Ah Well, that's entertainment.

Even when they're trying to make us look better, they make us look bad.

I did like the fact no one would go on camera because the guy was AGGRESIVE(He was about 96 and about 8 stone ---- wet threw)
You ve gotta love TV Hype

Funny how he keeps mentioning it should be a Part P qualified electrician, then when he shows up he uses the words Part P registered.

This stuff has to stop.

"If the cable in the boxing makes contact with a pipe, it could make the sink a live conductor of a lethal charge of mains electricity"

Thank god they were there, this could have resulted in multiple deaths of a magnitude not seen since mass murderer Ivor Sparks installed non-rcd protected cables at a depth of only 20mm!

Seriously, it would have been better to show what they should have received from a contractor-a minor works certificate and eventually, a certificate of compliance!

These idiots on the telly would be better off getting a proper working Electrician in to tell it how it is, instead of some ****wit who hasn't got a clue:mad:. I wouldn't say no to half an hour with Melinda Nutmassager though:D.

Last edited by a moderator:
These idiots on the telly would be better off getting a proper working Electrician in to tell it how it is, instead of some ****wit who hasn't got a clue:mad:. I wouldn't say no to half an hour with Melinda Nutmassager though:D.

And did you notice the gratuitous shots of her rear end and breastage area several times? What was the program about again?

Last edited by a moderator:
the cowboy tradesmen would have a problem there. there are no corners to cut , only curves

The bloke who did the install was a complete idiot and he has wrecked lots of peoples lives on his past jobs which is horrible.

BUT

I can't help thinking that so many home-owners want the cheapest price possible and its this want for a quick and cheap job that ends in disaster and a bloke like that getting work.
Cowboys/chancer's will always have work as long as people want a quick and cheap job.
Gone are the days when a homeowner would wait a few day for an electrician to fit a light they want it as soon as they pick up the phone.
I believe in a fair price for a very good job, I could never leave a patress box with a unused hole in the side (I just could not ever do it to my enemy).

I'm still on training but do a lot of commercial electrics in my job as an engineer I always try my best to use decent equipment like DP sockets and branded goods like MK, crabtree and sometimes BG.
I just feel that when I start out in a few years on my own that i will always get other cowboys pricing very very low to get the work and the homeowner gets a poor job.
If they would have paid the extra £20 they would have had a job that was fully functional, safe, tested, ascetically pleasing and compliant to the latest regulations.
I would only leave stuff in the way that I would expect in my own house.

My way too,Sky, but electrical is 10% of my business (electronic security/fire) and would not have kept me afloat these last few months. Cannot (knowingly) do crap work even if the client asks for a quick fix-as the saying goes, your name is your virtue.

Reply to Cowboy Builders have Part P qualified Electrician Inspecting dodgey work! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net