Discuss DECC - replied to my email in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

flamefix

This was the reply to an email based on one of my earlier postings sent Sun 30th from DECC :titled "DECC announcment pending Monday re a cut in FIT causing havoc in the PV industry"

Dear Mr Foolish PV installer (Mug for believing this scheme would be any different to Clearskies or LCBP1&2), < I added that to hide my real name

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) review.

As you may be aware, in last year’s Spending Review we committed to save 10% of the cost of FiTs in 2014-15 and have been working to realise this through the first Comprehensive Review of the scheme, which was brought forward from April 2012 and launched on 7 February 2011. We want this to ensure that the scheme continues to encourage as many people as possible to get involved in clean energy generation solutions and to benefit from the funding available for the scheme in the current Spending Review period.

We have now published the Phase 1 consultation on the Comprehensive Review, setting out proposed new tariffs for solar PV installations up to 250kW and a proposed approach to implementation. We are also consulting on the introduction of a new multiple installation tariff and on proposals to link tariffs to specified minimum energy efficiency requirements.

The cost of solar PV has fallen much faster than was anticipated at the start of the scheme, meaning the technology does not need as much subsidy to be competitive. This, together with other arguments and supportive evidence of why we need to act now, is set out in the consultation and associated Impact Assessment document at: Comprehensive Review Phase 1: Consultation on Feed-in Tariffs for solar PV - Department of Energy and Climate Change

A summary of proposals can be found on the Energy Saving Trust website:
UK Government proposed changes to solar PV Feed-in-Tariffs / Financial incentives / Generate your own energy / Home (United Kingdom) - Energy Saving Trust.

I hope you will take the opportunity to share your views by responding to the consultation.

Yours sincerely,

deleted name

deleted name
DECC Correspondence Unit

SO I sent the Following:

Dear C, <fortunately the name started with the same letter>

Thank you for the press release. Would you now kindly read my correspondence and reply to my structured letter addressing the salient points I made. Given the arbitrary and disgusting actions of this Policy and the manner of it's implementation, the destruction to lives, businesses, jobs and consumer confidence to the perception of green energy, it is the absolute very least I expect nay demand of a public servant, which Chris Huhne remains.

Yours sincerely

Mr Foolish PV installer (Mug for believing this scheme would be any different to Clearskies or LCBP1&2) < made up name

well done. It still amazes me how these people think that they are public masters, and forget that they are in fact public servants. Their ability to avoid questions and patronise us is staggering. sadly, I always just give up after a couple of attempts at communicating with them. It's surprising that there is not more violence inflicted on these parasites. Not that I would condone that sort of thing of course.

I have a lovely press release masquerading as a letter from my MP on posh House of Commons paper.

Waste of time, my MP has no balls.

your going to have to explain to me (cos I'm thick!) how 'encouraging as many people as possible to get involved in clean energy solutions' fits with effectively excluding all households that can't attain an energy rating of C from the tarrif scheme?

do you have their email so I can ask them 'cos I don't get it!!

Reply to DECC - replied to my email in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net