Discuss Distance from red link to consumer unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nicholas

Hello,
I don't usually do domestic work but have a friend who needs work done.
he said an electrician he had out a few months ago said the distance from the red like and meter was to far away from the consumer unit. Is there a regulation covering this?

thanks!

Yea the solid link that feeds the meter. Sorry for the confusion thought everyone called them red links.

not sure if he means the length of tail from meter to unit. Or just the general distance between the two.
they are only a couple meters away from each other. The meter and red link is in the front porch and consumer unit in the hall way. The distance the tail travel is about 10meters. Up into floor space and back down to consumer unit.

Right i might be getting confused to be honest. I havnt looked at this yet and only going by what I've been told.
its probably a fuse feeding meter then consumer unit.

If the service head and meter are more than 3 metres away from the CU then a switch fuse should be installed after the meter
Something like that anyway, I'm knackered and have a blinding headache so can't be bothered to go and get the proper info.
Sorry mate.

Reply to Distance from red link to consumer unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can a domestic consumer unit feed another consumer unit, via the Main Switch. Details are: domestic property with 100A single phase supply...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the middle of purchasing a small 1 bed flat in England, and have been sent a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate by the...
Replies
Views
Hi, NAPIT report was carried out due to flood, all kitchen appliances, wall/light switches, fire/heaters etc need replacing. The electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi all, what is the best way to configure surge protection in domestic dwellings when you have multiple consumer units? Does each consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock