Discuss DIYer puts the new lever sockets to the test , what do we reckon...? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This guy is rough as owt.

In another video he does all sorts of tomfoolery jiggery pokery just to install some simple lights in his loft. He had like 10 lights to do and moved all the lives for the bulbs onto the loop bar because he wanted them all to come on at the same time, instead of just feeding the next light from his switched live. He also concocts some weird kind of MDF stand for them to then put onto his ceiling in the loft when he coulda just screwed them straight up.

In this video here, he 'proves' dead with a plug in socket and a neon screwdriver and then goes on to say electricians who say you shouldn't do this are idiots, essentially.

Shouldn't be allowed to post such stuff on the internets for ignorant DIY'ers to watch. He could get someone killed.

Stitch drilling a dot & dab plaster board, good grief! And no wonder he thinks the breeze block is a bit rough to fit the knockout box, after all that. Must have made the job several times harder than it need be, what with all the making good of the chipped plaster round the edges of the box.

At the end of the day, when all's said and done, and in the final analysis (as the politicians say)...it's an ok job. Bit of a faff re sinking the back-box, but it works and appears safe.
I really like his hall table though!
Mine is better!

1637406855503.png

Reply to DIYer puts the new lever sockets to the test , what do we reckon...? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, my friend is having a floating shelf with a electric fire, and I’m between minds where to put the socket, I was gonna put the socket behind...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views
Since the deco needs doing to this property. My sister needs the TV putting on thr wall but wants the cables hiding. What will be the best way...
Replies
Views
On a Eicr on agreed limations of iinpections what do you normally put And what percentage do you test at..
Replies
Views
We are having problems with one socket which my husband has changed the front plate on. When he tried to attach the new front cover it singed the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock