Discuss Earthing Concrete? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All.

Can I have some opinions please on the value of using Re-bar cages in a house foundation as Earth connections for a TT system, when encased in concrete do they make a good connection to earth, or not so good?

In a nutshell, Yes they do make a pretty decent earth connection!!! My house in Cyprus, has it's re-bar cage forming part of my overall TT system, along with the swimming pool re-bar cage!!

If this is a new build, i would also take and earth rod or two and connect these to the re-bar cage. If you want to go a stage further, adding carbon dust or granules to the concrete mix, then you'll almost certainly be very close too, or better the magic 1ohm base line, ....depending on the ground soil type, the building slab is sitting on....

Reply to Earthing Concrete? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've wired some cable to a small 3x3 shed with 2 gpos, a 15a GPO, and a light. The shed is about 2m away from the house on a concrete slab. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views
TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
I have had these lights installed by a contractor whose work is normally very good. He has not connected the earth in each fitting as there is a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back