Search the forum,

Discuss EICR fault rectified, advise on what certs. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently carried out an EICR on a 15-20 year old 2 bed flat . Few minor problems which I have now sorted, the sockets are split over 2 circuits and one of these has an I.R reading of 0 between neutral and earth which I have now found to be a fault between 2 sockets within the kitchen. I have offered the customer the option of pulling the kitchen apart, removing the tilng and plasterboard and replacing the damaged cable or separating the ring into 2 radials on separate MCB's and believe or not they have opted for the radials. So now they need paperwork/certs so they can sell the property, how do I word a MWC to cover this , or does it need an EIC, or do I just issue a new EICR stating all is ok.

They want an EICR for sale purposes. You're providing for the whole installation so that's the way I'd go. Make a note on the EICR regarding corrections. Results are as you left the job.

The official way to do this would be.......

issue unsatisfactory eicr report

undertake appropriate remedial works and issue eic covering new works you have done

Your creating 2 new circuits really so an eic would be best, would be my bet

re-issue satisfactory eicr

Loadsa paperwork for ya!

what most people do.......

test install, tell customer of any c1 c2 problems

if customers wants to go ahead with repairs, do them then issue satisfactory eicr, if not issue unsat eicr

Last edited:

undertake appropriate remedial works and issue eic covering new works you have done

Loadsa paperwork for ya!

if customers wants to go ahead with repairs, do them then issue satisfactory eicr, if not issue unsat eicr

Indeed.

What I do is issue a "draft" report with the faults highlighted - then if they proceed with the remedials, I update the draft to final with satisfactory. Obviously anything needing an EIC or notification is dealt with accordingly too.

Works for me

Loadsa paperwork for ya!

Thanks, I have issued unsatisfactory EICR and now they want to sell the property,so when the repairs have been carried out do I issue EIC stating rfc split into 2 radials and/or new EICR.

as long as the EIC covers all fails on the EICR, then the 2 documents together is sufficient. it's up to you if you want the ballache of doing another EICR. if you do, then go out and plant a tree. :rofl:

Last edited:
What I do is issue a "draft" report with the faults highlighted - then if they proceed with the remedials, I update the draft to final with satisfactory. Obviously anything needing an EIC or notification is dealt with accordingly too.

Works for me
landlords like this kind of thing Murdoch...

Thanks, I have issued unsatisfactory EICR and now they want to sell the property,so when the repairs have been carried out do I issue EIC stating rfc split into 2 radials and/or new EICR.

OK....if you had stated in the first place that you had already issued an unsatisfactory certificate a different situation exists. The whole story would have been useful.

OK....if you had stated in the first place that you had already issued an unsatisfactory certificate a different situation exists. The whole story would have been useful.
Sorry about that, I always do a cert when I do an EICR then the repairs follow, sorry I didnt explain myself properly, thanks to everyone for all the help.

Reply to EICR fault rectified, advise on what certs. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net