Discuss elecsa assessment soon in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi guys

after some advice have run a 4mm t+e cable, along the gable end wall in the loft 300mm above current level of insulation. it is a bungalowe where it reaches the sofit in the eaves there is very limited space for me to get in and clip as usual. the cable is secured firmly just not as neatly as i would like. do you think the assessor will actually enter the loft at all or should i try and squeeze my self in to do a neater job.many thanks

I think it VERY unlikely that any assessor will want to get himself filthy climbing around in your loft.
Although it is desirable to make the cabling as neat as possible, as long as it is safe and not derated by the insulation, then I think you should stop worrying. We all want our assessment installations to be perfect for the day, but practicality must play a part too. :)

As above^^^^^^^ as long as it is out of harms way, then have no worries. Put all your attention into the paperwork etc, and you will be fine.
Who is assessing you?

hi guys

after some advice have run a 4mm t+e cable, along the gable end wall in the loft 300mm above current level of insulation. it is a bungalowe where it reaches the sofit in the eaves there is very limited space for me to get in and clip as usual. the cable is secured firmly just not as neatly as i would like. do you think the assessor will actually enter the loft at all or should i try and squeeze my self in to do a neater job.many thanks
how neats your bank account?...how tidy is your wallet?....
as long as its well lined they wont care about a bit of flat twin in a loft..lol..

assessor is gary stevens, elecsa, yes its a new circuit, cable well away from insulation. its that strange twin and earth ( two round cores with the earth in the middle) pain to clip ill never use it again.

He very much doubt he will be going in the loft, he will be looking at your documents, qualifications more. he will ask a few questions mostly rgarding part P and get you to do a few of tests, Ze, IR and rcd is all he asked me to do.
He was very helpful with any Questions I had.

good luck mate you will be fine he wont go in the loft NO WAY

as others have said paperwork PLI calibration cert etcetc

and then be able to show him the required tests and make sure they are real values recorded on your certificate as he will check this when your testing again dont forget safe iso and retain key in pocket
he asks and give him a guided tour of the installation

and answer his questions on part p and the regs
ask him as many questions as you can also and you will find them very helpful

Assessment 101

Advice Centre:- Make tea, have chocolate HobNobs on hand

On no account allow tea or Hobnobs into the loft area, then he'll stay downstairs near the nibbles.
Make sure all your paperwork is up to date. Tester calibration certs up to date and/or calibration test chart all marked up.

You'll be fine!

assessor is gary stevens, elecsa, yes its a new circuit, cable well away from insulation. its that strange twin and earth ( two round cores with the earth in the middle) pain to clip ill never use it again.
well i know Gary...he`s allrite...just get your paperwork in order..insurance and dont forget your callibration certs for your seperates/MFT....he`ll want to see em...now, he will start goin on about a health n safety statement and risk assessment forms n all that lot....but trust me...it aint compulsory.....its just a kind of hoop they like you to jump through.....but Gary`s ok....he will tell you at the start that he isn`t looking for the worlds best electrician n all that......its just designed toput you at ease.....he will be asking you about stuff like depth of chases and where to drill joists..diameters n all that lot...you wont get owt taxing really.....they want you to pass.....if he comes across any non-conformances he will issue you with a ticket explaining what he`s seen and will explain whats needed to sort it in order for you to be accepted onto the scheme....any visuals he sees he will just give you a ticket explaining what they are and the reg it refers to....and ask you to sort it....a typical one is lack of warning/information labels.....

I got some really nice chocolate biscuits for my assessment, made the tea, got my special biscuits out and put them on the table in front of him, but he said that he couldn't eat biscuits. Sounded to me like he really liked biscuits but just couldn't eat them for some reason. I felt a bit silly ... but it didn't stop me eating a couple myself in front of him :)

I got some really nice chocolate biscuits for my assessment, made the tea, got my special biscuits out and put them on the table in front of him, but he said that he couldn't eat biscuits. Sounded to me like he really liked biscuits but just couldn't eat them for some reason. I felt a bit silly ... but it didn't stop me eating a couple myself in front of him :)
well its one way of doing it...

Not "the" Gary Stevens ???!!!
Ah man , youre screwed !!! i've heard tales of him ripping plaster off walls just to check theres a cable clip every 18 inch.

:devil2:

Reply to elecsa assessment soon in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock