ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa Assessment

Discuss Elecsa Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andy_scaife

Hi Guy's
This is my first post so please go gentle with me. I have my first Elecsa assessment next month. One of the jobs I am giving them is a CU change. My question is in the bathroom they have an electric shower which does not have any form of isolation apart from the Mcb. Do I need to put a DP pull switch in for them?
Cheers Andy

You will need to install a switch near to the electric shower (but out of reach of showering / bathing area) to turn the power off when not in use and also for ease of servicing, repairing or replacing.
You should use either a wall mounted or ceiling mounted pull cord with neon indicators so you know when it is on or off. These are usually described as double pole isolating switches.

Rather than have a DP Pull switch why not put an isolating switch just outside the bathroom, if this is convenient

If it's just a CU change then you are not responsible for putting right every cock up made (but make a note on cert). Obviously it should have a local DP isolator, but this would be for you to sort out with the customer. As for the assessment I think what they are looking for is that you know what you are talking about, and if you do then don't worry.

Good luck!

Thanks for your views guys, I think I will take the safer option and put an isolater outside the bathroom just in case.
All my paperwork is sorted. I just have to get on top of my nerves now.

They looked over my installation with a fine tooth comb , im with elecsa they are great guys ask you sensible questions and are very helpful , get all paper work PLI details and make sure you have a copy of the regulations onsite guide etc good luck

Reply to Elecsa Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net