Discuss Electrical self certify work in Industrial environment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mikejack2011

Hi

I have been offered the opportunity to inspect some electrical installation work within an industrial environment. I am competent in doing this work as I have been in the electrical industry for 40 + years. However the work requires me to self certify the work for insurance purposes. Whilst I am happy in doing this I am not sure where I stand regarding the current legislation.

I have City and Guilds qualification parts B & C, will this be sufficient to provide this to the insurance company.

Thanks for your time

If your confident that your upto date with all relevent regulations and working practices in the enviroment and can name word for word what regulation something did not comply to and back it up then you are more than qualified, if the insurance company monitoring the works specify a standard or association you must belong then that is different. With 40yrs behind you that would be enough for me but may not be to them. Go for it, what have you to lose.

Last edited:
You dont need any formal qualifications to carry out an Electrical condition report (AKA Periodic test and inspection).
Make sure you are insured, and up to speed on the latest regs, and capable of completing the paperwork.

If you are a bit rusty on any or all of the above, get someone to give you a hand.

You will be complying with the Electricity at Work regs, so make sure you are water tight just in case it goes pete tong.

Cheers............Howard

PS forgot to add, there will be someone in here willing to help, just ask, but tell us where you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrical self certify work in Industrial environment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net