Discuss electricians mate ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net


New EF Member
hi all i have recently started studying to be a domestic electric installer from home i pay for the course monthly and study from home then when i pass a certain part of modules i am invited to go to the college/test centre to do hands on experience and build a portfolio for my qualifications, but im interested in trying to get some experience hands on by being a electricians mate!? im 23 by the way and obviously i have no experience in this industry so i wouldn't know about going the way to be on site or with a firm that would take me on to get experience. ? so what would i need to be a electricians mate?

thanks any advice would be highly appreciated as this is the career i am interested in doing


Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
for building site work you need a cscs card or an ecs card, just to be allowed on site. easy H&S test , the latter being electrical bias. then you apply for the appropriate card. that's your starter for 10.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

  • Brown

    Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Black

    Votes: 30 33.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.