Search the forum,

Discuss Electricity usage in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wstevew

Elecsave.jpg

System installed end of Nov.

Does not show until Jan due to meter reading dates.

Attachments

• Elecsave.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly looks positive, but you were always going to go that way with lighter nights etc starting to after the New Year.

What you should be looking at is relative to what your readings were for the previous year..... that would be more meaningful. As in my case, unless you can use the generated electric during the day the reduction isnt as good as one expects.......

Danesol,
If your PV system is above 3kW you can always dump some of the excess electricity into your hot water by using your immersion heater. There are several controllers on the market to do this - I am marketing one called the SolarHeat controller - and there is a full debate over 84 pages on another thread under General Points.

TT.

Danesol,
If your PV system is above 3kW you can always dump some of the excess electricity into your hot water by using your immersion heater. There are several controllers on the market to do this - I am marketing one called the SolarHeat controller - and there is a full debate over 84 pages on another thread under General Points.

TT.

I've actually looked at this but its more cost effective IMO to heat by gas, which takes 20mins for a full tank and stays hot for 1/2day and costs 1/3rd less to heat, if & when that applies.

However, I'm always open to charge of heart if worthwhile

Linky please ??

Reply to Electricity usage in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net