Discuss Electrics in conservatory. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi when we purchased our house from new it had a small conservatory. There was one power socket we used this for a heater and lamp. 15+ years ago this conservatory was knocked down and a new one erected. We had our boiler upgraded and hot water under floor heating installed. The power and water for this came from under the floorboards upstairs and runs down the wall inside the dining room and to the water heating unit. Inside the conservatory on the back wall (house wall) we have two standard sockets. On the opposite wall there are two different sockets that we were told only to use for lighting they have tiny plugs.There is also a ceiling fan with lights.Inside the house we have a double light switch.One controls the ceiling fan and light the other controls the two power sockets on the far wall of conservatory. Yesterday I flicked on both switches at once something I’m sure I shouldn’t do but have done many times . This time there was a small noise and no power came on to the ceiling fanlight or the little wall sockets. I assumed I had tripped a breaker. When I checked the consumer unit all were ok not a single one had tripped.I’m at a loss now why hasn’t a circuit blown. I’ve had faulty lights and switches before and usually not just a circuit but whole house goes out. I want to look at the switch as when this happened in my downstairs toilet replacing the switch solved the problem. To do that I turned power off to that circuit then whole house to be double safe. This time I have no idea what circuit it is on all the house lights are working fine. Can anyone explain why it hasn’t tripped anything .Thanks.

you have either a faulty switch or a poor connection. might be an idea to lift off the switch faceplate/s and have a look at the connections ( obviously isolating at the CU first. if in doubt, call an electtician, if you post your locale, one of us may be close.

Reply to Electrics in conservatory. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net