Discuss English smoke detector rules in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Been covered before, but wondering if any amendments recently.

I’ve been asked to fit detectors in a bungalow holiday cottage. Just over the border on the English side. There is a smoke in the front and rear hallways presently.

I’m thinking replace both smokes if out of date, leave them if still valid.
New heat detector in kitchen.
New heat detector and carbon monoxide in lounge due to solid fuel stove.
Heat detector and carbon monoxide in outside store that houses boiler and laundry appliances.
Store is built on side of house, flat roof I think, but there is power.

Nothing in bedrooms. Is that right for English regs?

I know I can check gov website myself, but you lot are quicker.

Reply to English smoke detector rules in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Doing work in a house the other day, and noticed they didn't have any smoke detectors... (well, one.. and it was a small 9v thing) So ive sent in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm helping my friend do up an old house he bought a couple months ago and obviously we need to have mains powered smoke detectors...
Replies
Views
Lots of threads already about the new legislation, and February ain’t far away… so I’d just like to post a few queries for discussion. Not that...
Replies
Views
Normally I would install mains supplied and interconnected smoke and heat alarms in a rented property or in any alteration but I have a customer...
Replies
Views
Hi can anyone assist. House renovatiob was completed by a builder etc , Planning officer was in and stated that a heat detector was required in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock