Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not the remain camp that brings up immigration Murdoch, it's the leave camp. It's all they have.
The remain camp would rather immigration was not discussed at all, it's the one point that they do not do well in the polls on.
**removed**.......After all that's been put on here by various contributors???? All the EVIDENCE has been from the OUT crowd, where is it from the IN crowd? Cameron was a **removed** joke the other night on that debate, he never answered ONE question with a straight answer the mans a joke. **removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
**removed**.......After all that's been put on here by various contributors???? All the EVIDENCE has been from the OUT crowd, where is it from the IN crowd? Cameron was a **removed** joke the other night on that debate, he never answered ONE question with a straight answer the mans a joke. **removed**

You've done me there Sparks, I can't possible compete with that level of debate.
Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
The woman who asked Farage about immigration was Imriel Morgan, the “CEO and co founder” of the Shout Out Network and blogger at the Huffington Post.
When asked by radio host Jon Gaunt as to whether ITV did any background checks of her, or her “clear political agenda,” Ms. Morgan admitted to having been hand picked by ITV.
The revelation comes as it was also revealed that ITV hand selected the audience rather than relying on a reputable pollster to ensure demographic representation last night.

Hum... hardly sounds balanced when this sort of thing comes to light.

On to voter registration.

Its reported that about 250K people were unable to register last night (no sympathy from me, they should have done it sooner), but now HM Government want to extend the deadline by 2 WHOLE days - me thinks more than 250K people will register....

On to voter registration.

Its reported that about 250K people were unable to register last night (no sympathy from me, they should have done it sooner), but now HM Government want to extend the deadline by 2 WHOLE days - me thinks more than 250K people will register....

Agree my spider senses are tingling, any other vote general elections ,council elections etc it would not bother me at all but the way this referendum is being conducted , I hope my concerns are totally unfounded for the sake of British democracy.

You've done me there Sparks, I can't possible compete with that level of debate.
Well done.
When you make stupid statements like "that's all they have" in the face of the tremendous evidence that has been put forward on here by many contributors what do you expect??

The fact that they had someone on with strong views does not mean it was not balanced. You need to see the make up of the audience to reach a conclusion on that.

I will say though that it doesn't inspire confidence in ITV the way they seem to pick audiences.

You're probably right about the 250k Murdoch, but what do you do?
Everyone is entitled to vote and they were told that they had until midnight.

Agree my spider senses are tingling, any other vote general elections ,council elections etc it would not bother me at all but the way this referendum is being conducted , I hope my concerns are totally unfounded for the sake of British democracy.
With the obviously planted people who were there to try and discredit Farage, and the statement the other day regarding our MP's vetoing any OUT vote, I think democracy is dead and buried. We are going down the US route where corporate's and those in power can over-rule any democratic decision. Those young ladies on the debate the other night were typical of the minority spokespeople from all sorts of corners of society that seem to be able to get the limelight by playing the racist/homophobic/gay and god know's what other card when ever it suits them.

You're probably right about the 250k Murdoch, but what do you do?
Everyone is entitled to vote and they were told that they had until midnight.

Yup and the deadline for submitting your tax return, on line is the 31st Jan each year, 10 months after the end of the tax year and still people don't do it on time!

I've no sympathy for people who can't get their fingers out and register......

Yup and the deadline for submitting your tax return, on line is the 31st Jan each year, 10 months after the end of the tax year and still people don't do it on time!

I've no sympathy for people who can't get their fingers out and register......
Not saying I disagree with you, just that this is democracy, not to be played with. People were trying to register and couldn't.

Other than those who left registering to the last minuet, the government needs to take a lot of the blame for the way that the registration was changed.
It left a lot of people not on the electoral register and not realising until just lately when there polling cards have not arrived.

Cameron wont mind the extra 24 hours, it seems most are youngsters who it seems favour remain.

Not saying I disagree with you, just that this is democracy, not to be played with. People were trying to register and couldn't.

Other than those who left registering to the last minuet, the government needs to take a lot of the blame for the way that the registration was changed.
It left a lot of people not on the electoral register and not realising until just lately when there polling cards have not arrived.

Cameron wont mind the extra 24 hours, it seems most are youngsters who it seems favour remain.

Hum... so the service was "down" for 2 hours so HM Government allows an extra 48 hours...... hardly cricket is it?

When you're debating pleeeeease play the ball and not the man. Two lines of 'laughing policeman' and comments made directly at and about other people in the thread are likely to be taken personally which just escalates into petty slanging and takes the debate off topic. Please also avoid the use of bad language in the public facing parts of the forum.

You have not even watched it have you , you seen the title and hit the keyboard or if you have watched it you are just trolling.
I have watched it, and he was saying we the British people should have a referendum, which is were we are here, what more can you ask. As for trolling, that sir is an insult you should retract!

Well, Iv'e cast my vote, OUT obviously, so I must leave it to the great British Public to decide the rest. It does not inspire a lot of confidence when seemingly there now appear to be loads of people who have just realised they have left it too late and are not registered to vote for one of the biggest decisions we have had to take for donkey’s years. At least you guys on here who are thinking "this guys a bit of a sausage" are interested and will vote. There will be loads who can't even be bothered, the mind boggles, I suppose we have not had much notice of the forthcoming referendum. I have very carefully tried to weave the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] into conversations with various people, ranging from family, friends and customers. One nice middle class lady the other day quite unprompted commented on a leaflet that came through the door while I was sorting her outside lights, from our good friend (??) Jeremy, obviously going against all his beliefs in true political style and recommending a “remain”. After only a few seconds chatting she commented “who is Jeremy Corbyn?”. Now, I think the guy is a bit of a joke (this from a labour party member), but for Christ’s sake if you do not know who he is should you be allowed to vote on anything?
So, I was going to say that "sod it, it won't affect me", but I guess it will. When I am old(er) and all sorts of things need fixing, and I am laying in some corridor in a hospital and the waiting lists are galactic because the NHS is still trying to shore up most of western Europe (well Europe as it was plus a good bit of the Ex-soviet block, Turkey…….(fill in depending on the date), and there is a list as long as your arm for treatment for people from God knows where. And the classrooms are at least 50+ and in some areas of the country they will be speaking God now’s what language with English as a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] (already happening BTW), and we have an even more massive housing crises than we have now, and when young people (particularly those in the unskilled or traditional working class) have no chance of a job and have joined the rest of western Europe in the now 60% unemployment amongst young people statistics, and even if they do have a job will never be able to afford a mortgage, and when we are all going down the pub for “a swift half litre”, and when people like Pete are getting done for doing 56 kph in a 50 kph zone, and when we have no fishing fleet at all, and not much else as regards any sort of industry apart from a few pencil squeezers in the city, and we have no farming industry, and we have given up voting for any political party apart from the Federal European Nationalist party, then a few people might finally sit down and say, where did it all go wrong?”
And I can answer that question. It all went wrong when that useless lump of treacherous blubber called Ted Heath signed away our national sovereignty and everything that went with it for nothing other than to score points over the French and make himself look good. A bit like thatcher doing her utmost to defeat the miners for their part in his ultimate downfall. That, was when it all went wrong, and we have never been the same since.
So, we can either carry on in this federal conformist like fog, or we can rise up and brake away from all this restricting, undemocratic and inefficient crap, and become the country we deserve to be. It is a massive decision.
I fear we are going to f**k it up, but at least I will be able to lay back in my old Sainsbury’s trolley in the admission queue because the Romanian’s have nicked all the proper trolleys for scrap, and say, “well lads, don’t blame me, because I voted OUT back in 2016”

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net