Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does this ring any bells for anyone, its like she's speaking about the UK remain campaign and the EU's responses to us leaving.

Norway in 94 and what the establishment warned them about if they didn't join...

[video=youtube;i-UbT0g9A8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-UbT0g9A8c[/video]

Last edited:
Not long to go now but this is worth a look if you still undecided a short film by Toby Young associate editor of the Spectator magazine. Brexit : Facts Not Fear, It basically sums up why I am voting leave, although immigration and the economy are important to some for me retaining our right to govern ourselves and the ability to remove those that govern us is paramount, those that cannot remove the people that govern are living under a dictatorship.

[video=youtube;gILTIDr4Ra8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8[/video]

And best you all read the statement issued today by the German version of the trade industry about what they think about tariffs.

Sorry. Can't post a link as its too difficult on this phone

Sorry. Can't post a link as its too difficult on this phone

Let me help you then Murdoch.

His name is Markus Kerber and he's the head of the BDI,which represents German industry.

And this is what he says

"The BDI would urge politicians on both sides to come up with a trade regime that enables us to uphold and maintain the levels of trade we have, although it will become more difficult."

Let me help you then Murdoch.

His name is Markus Kerber and he's the head of the BDI,which represents German industry.

And this is what he says

"The BDI would urge politicians on both sides to come up with a trade regime that enables us to uphold and maintain the levels of trade we have, although it will become more difficult."

This is how the BBC reported it (and they are rather pro stay)

EU referendum: Trade curbs 'foolish' if UK votes Leave, says German industry - BBC News

and heres more of what it said!

""Imposing trade barriers, imposing protectionist measures between our two countries - or between the two political centres, the European Union on the one hand and the UK on the other - would be a very, very foolish thing in the 21st Century," Mr Kerber told the BBC's World Service.

Mr Kerber added that any introduction of tariffs would lead to job losses in Germany and the UK.

He said a vote to leave the EU would lead to a "serious disruption" to the German-UK economic relationship, describing it "as if a relative had left the family".

Just for balance.:smile5:

This is how the BBC reported it (and they are rather pro stay)

EU referendum: Trade curbs 'foolish' if UK votes Leave, says German industry - BBC News

and heres more of what it said!

""Imposing trade barriers, imposing protectionist measures between our two countries - or between the two political centres, the European Union on the one hand and the UK on the other - would be a very, very foolish thing in the 21st Century," Mr Kerber told the BBC's World Service.

Mr Kerber added that any introduction of tariffs would lead to job losses in Germany and the UK.

He said a vote to leave the EU would lead to a "serious disruption" to the German-UK economic relationship, describing it "as if a relative had left the family".

Just for balance.:smile5:

Totally agree with all that.

So how will it work then?

The non Euro countries bailing the Euro countries out?

Germany bailing everybody out?

Germany deciding fiscal policies for the weaker countries?

The UK has political and fiscal union. 4 countries, many regions, payments are given to countries and regions in an inconsistent fashion. Nobody complains. This is only possible because of the UK National Government.

The EU does not have this structure....

So how will it work then?

The non Euro countries bailing the Euro countries out?

Germany bailing everybody out?

Germany deciding fiscal policies for the weaker countries?

The UK has political and fiscal union. 4 countries, many regions, payments are given to countries and regions in an inconsistent fashion. Nobody complains. This is only possible because of the UK National Government.

The EU does not have this structure....

I'm trying to do a quote Murdoch, hence my short posts.:sad_smile:

If you're in the EU you help smaller countries, Euro or non Euro.
I'm not talking about bailouts, they're a separate matter.
Germany decides nothing on its own.

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net