Discuss EV Charging - Using DC chargers to charge a fleet in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Assuming a large company needed a large EV charging infrastructure for its fleet to be electrified. Would it be best to just go straight for 150kW chargers? And if so, what would be the ideal setup (cable sizes for 150kW, connection to grid, load balancing, other equipment that might be needed).

Thanks very much for any insight, i want to expand my knowledge of this area.

Load curtailment would likely be high on the list of needs as well as potentially chargers that can talk to each other unless of course the company has its own substation... Would be worth speaking to a manufacturer and getting them involved in the design process.

Reply to EV Charging - Using DC chargers to charge a fleet in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Green2go Launches for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable Needs Green2Go - for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable...
Replies
Views
I have an interesting scenario that could use some feedback. I have 200A service in my home with a sub panel running to a detached garage...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a EV charger that is reporting over voltage and is unable to charge. the charger will operate up to 253V The solar inverter reports...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking into solutions for someone wanting potentially two ev chargers and wondered if anyone here has had experience with this. They...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock