Search the forum,

Discuss genny system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Looking at that battery backup system I found I don't think it will be practical a battery back up our main fuse is right above the door in the kitchen
i could probibly squeeze a manual change over switch or a ats in the box everything is in

but I got a picture of the plaque thats on the alternator of the genny sorry its upside down strangely that's how it is on the alternator I'll keep looking to try and find the manufacturers data sheet have also found something that may be of interest (looks like the code number to its cirtificate of compliance also in attached images)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
We had a problem with our diesel once, there was a 'bug' in one of the tanks, a virus which grows in the diesel. There is a very cheap additive that we now put in all our diesel tanks, a 25ml bottle costs around £13 and treats 1000lts.
Some lighthouses would have 30,000 litres of diesel which we don't want to be affected by the bug,,i'll post details of the treatment here tomorrow if any one wants it.

Hi Phil yeah post it I'm quite intreeged never heard of a bug in diesel before even a local farmer who scrapped his tractor with a tank of diesel for ten years didn't get this big in the tank
then again it was probibly proper cherry diesel in it but he dragged the old girl out the nettles and she soon struck up

Ahh
them common rail diesel engines are amazingly efficient my dads 2002 volvo s80 2.4 automatic turbo diesel does 40mpg to work and back (short distance) and took it to Cornwall it averaged 61.8 mpg unbelievable for a 2.4 auto car

We had a problem with our diesel once, there was a 'bug' in one of the tanks, a virus which grows in the diesel. There is a very cheap additive that we now put in all our diesel tanks, a 25ml bottle costs around £13 and treats 1000lts.
Some lighthouses would have 30,000 litres of diesel which we don't want to be affected by the bug,,i'll post details of the treatment here tomorrow if any one wants it.

Yes post the treatment details it'll be an interesting read!!

It sure will engineer
did you have a look at them pictures I put up in post #51 mate?
Im still looking for data on the genny if there's anything in particular you need to know I'll try and find it

It sure will engineer
did you have a look at them pictures I put up in post #51 mate?
Im still looking for data on the genny if there's anything in particular you need to know I'll try and find it

I did, that certificate of compliance does not seem to be applicable to your 6 KVA genset. An internal wiring diagram would be helpful. You'll also need to confirm or otherwise, if this genny uses a floating earth system.

Reply to genny system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net