Discuss Ghost town in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes people are buying , we are selling Yingli 265w panda 16% eff or Bosch so we aint selling C**P and decent prices .
ROI of 13%-14%.

I think most people are just snooping on prices right now , I think all these people waiting will buy closer to july but I think a lot will miss the 21p rate as installer will not be ready for it (ie Rush) as it steady right now

we're getting a steady trickle of interest as well, but tbh we're still feeling our way a bit with this EPC malarky and catching up on admin and updating the website and stuff anyway, as well as getting staff to take their time off in lieu from the busy periods etc.

I reckon now the sun's out we'll be getting more interest after Easter is out of the way and start nailing down our bookings for the end of April through end of June.

Having a bit of a look at rent yer roof stuff as well, but from what I can see the margins are stupidly tight once you get over the 25 installations side of things, I can only presume the big boys in that are getting charged much lower interest rates on the capital or something.

4500 leaflets posted through letterboxes of properties with suitable looking roofs over the past two weeks - one enquiry. On a positive front that enquiry looks like it might convert to a sale...but not until June....after the FiT supposedly drops...which may make the customer think again. Ho hum.

We did leaflets in January not even a wrong number ! Total waste of money and time. In a big DIY store this weekend, funny some of the customer comments loads of misconception and NIMBYS. Will have to see the conversions some interest ...

It would be good to share some of those misconceptions if you can Finchy. It's a public forum so that helps and for those of us re-doing our marketing it will help with the content.

Loads of NIMBYs, so we're fighting against poor existing installations and aesthetics (poly and silver frames). We've got a nice black on black on display which against others looks great.

I'll be dead before its paid back ! Regular comment which I have said that's a shame....I'm so sorry for you !!

Non believers, saying its usless in this country !

Too expensive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pondering going back into solar again . Still getting between 3-4 probable goers a month all off the back of past installs and all between 10 -50 kw , have been passing them on but as we will need the solar for another venture that we have two clients keen to explore we might as well go for it again now !
Will go Napit this time though , no point making it hard for our selfs this time around as from what i could see from last time it made no difference to our clientèle that we had registered with what seemed to be a far stricter scheme provider !

"This time next year Rodney":lol:

Good luck - I think those of us who were around 12 months ago have a regular feed of referrals from previous customers. Ours a bit short at the minute but I still have the feeling that once Easter is out fo the way it will all kick off again.

Thanks chaps; must admit the 'state of the PV industry' talk at the Segen conference was very upbeat, as was the EPC chap regards the no. of houses that would still receive the full tariff.

Our referrals were growing nicely but now they've also gone quiet; I suspect there's a feeling of 'you missed the boat' also being passed on.

And the fact that the lead generators are dead is a good litmus test.

Fingers crossed

Reply to Ghost town in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net