Discuss Government relaxing planning laws in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

So Nick Clegg is on the radio this morning saying the government is relaxing the planning laws making it easier to build extension etc and he said they need to remove a lot of restrictions so to encourage more growth so saying all of this what does that say for Part P me thinks it will be quitely parked or even ignored as no government is going to restrict growth in this current economical environment.

So as Part P does not affect me whats my problem well I see some schemies who want it up here but I would rather see a either a licenced electrician system or as some say a registered electricians scheme.

Ironically at the same time the head of the GMC wants doctors to be assessed every 5 years by a registered body you could not make it up could you.

Relaxing planning laws shouldn't make any difference at all to Part P tbh as it makes no difference to the Notifiable jobs list.

Personaly i cant see it makeing much difference to the building (and associated trades) much at all...relaxing red tape doesn't give a potential client much more money to build anyway, only the banks *spits* can help with that but they're unwilling to loose any of thier bonus to lend people money.

but they'll lend billions to tinpot countries with little chance of getting it back. " wahey, dorian, i've just done a loan to ****** in south america. they'll use it to boost the cocaine production, but who cares, i get a fat bonus"

I fail to see how relaxing the planning laws will help. People are still worrying whether or not they will have a job next month so a lot will be unwilling to commit to major outlay of this nature. I'd say this is just more smoke and mirrors from a party prepared to sell their principles down the river in exchange for the illusion of power.
Deputy PM my backside, he's a puppet.

According to the report there have already been hundreds of thousands of applications approved but less than half have actually started.
There isn't the money to build as there aren't any buyers when thery're ready.

Part P won't get touched, Part P is Building control, not Planning.

I have a job to wire a granny flat, a small barn conversion, for the customers blind mother but they cannot get planning permission. The barn is in a conservation area where local planning demand the right to determine the colour they paint their doors. Travellers locally are given permission to build on green belt though, 4 sites so far and more applied for, just a shame that Part P does not appear to apply to them.

It does not matter who we vote for a politician always gets elected. The majority of them appear to be in it for what they can get as they are not otherwise employable. We just have to pay for their incompetence.

Ironically at the same time the head of the GMC wants doctors to be assessed every 5 years by a registered body you could not make it up could you.

That's a good idea, when I was involved in Motorsport medical the MSA (governing body) assessed the volunteering doctors and found a worryingly high number could not maintain a casualty's airway at an accident!

I have a job to wire a granny flat, a small barn conversion, for the customers blind mother but they cannot get planning permission. The barn is in a conservation area where local planning demand the right to determine the colour they paint their doors. Travellers locally are given permission to build on green belt though, 4 sites so far and more applied for, just a shame that Part P does not appear to apply to them.

It does not matter who we vote for a politician always gets elected. The majority of them appear to be in it for what they can get as they are not otherwise employable. We just have to pay for their incompetence.

I like that statement,sort of puts everything that is wrong with the country into a nice neat and compact sentence

but they'll lend billions to tinpot countries with little chance of getting it back. " wahey, dorian, i've just done a loan to ****** in south america. they'll use it to boost the cocaine production, but who cares, i get a fat bonus"

Think you'll find they don't loan money to these tin-pot countries , ...They give to them!! If you look a little further into it you'll find there has been no slashing or reductions to the UK's overseas so called welfare fund, while at home, everything involving government funding has been slashed... And Yes we are talking in Billions and not Millions here!!

I don't care what anyone says, charity should begin at home, not thousands of miles away, where in most cases those monies are syphoned off by the corrupt politicians in power anyway. All such overseas funding should be put on hold while the country is fighting for it's own financial existence, Full Stop, ...but it won't be!!!

I think that in the future I'd be more worried about buying a house which has been extended under these rules as there are people around who won't bother with building control either.

A receipe for disaster IMHO

Yep they give India and Pakistan 100s of millions every year due to the empire hangover funny thing is India has their own space programme

Exactly oldtimer, you try telling me our diplomats havent got noses in troughs for some of that money...look how detemined they are to pay it every year!!

Actually watching the news it is becoming clearer that the builders want to get rid of the 50% social and 50% private housing and of course the government is only to happy to oblige in other words lets use the current economical climate to get our friendly sponsors the builders to build houses no one can afford.

If you want t o kick start the housing sector then house prices need to fall look at Spain Italy France they are down by 25% because people just cannot afford them

There you go just announced the government is to relax the requirements of builders having to build social housing along with private

Actually watching the news it is becoming clearer that the builders want to get rid of the 50% social and 50% private housing and of course the government is only to happy to oblige in other words lets use the current economical climate to get our friendly sponsors the builders to build houses no one can afford.

If you want t o kick start the housing sector then house prices need to fall look at Spain Italy France they are down by 25% because people just cannot afford them

Which really doesn't make much sense at all. As without the smaller starter homes, that first time buyer's need to get a leg on the housing ladder, little to nothing moves in the housing market!!!

Social housing has never been big on the Tory's agenda, ...well not until coming up for general election times anyway....

Reply to Government relaxing planning laws in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net