Discuss Ground source heat pump in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'd like some advice on the best way to provide the supply for the above.

Back story is i'm rewiring a fairly large farmhouse, the original quote just included for 'boiler', immersion and under floor heating. However the ground source arrived today and i'm like "hello! what's this?".
The customer will stump up what ever is needed, but likewise I don't want to go over the top.
The specs in the manual are as follows : "5.1kw - 3x2.5mm on a 25a type D breaker".

I've never had to provide one before so here goes - my thinking has been that 25a breakers are rare-ish to start with so I'll up to 32. Now a type d 32a max Zs is 0.36. Unfortunately the house is having a new tncs supply but is not in yet! So not sure of ze.
From ccu to heat pump is 20m clipped direct no thermal etc.

It's looking likely that I'm wiring in 10mm to stand any chance and I'd still have to find a split load who also make 32a type d mcbs to fit. Or would you install it another way, perhaps with different fuse/switch?

Any advice gratefully received.

The one I just finished
10mm sub main off 40 A mcb feeding a local dist board with isolator and 6 ways,this was filled with 6A 16A type B and 25 A type D (Garo 25 Amp Single Pole (Type D) MCB| MeteorElectrical.com) The site sponser supplies them
This board then fed the isolation and fused switches locally all wiring surface mounted in trunking

You will need to provide for 2 No immersion heaters, as well as the Pump and control circuit,ext frost stat. the heat zoning panel etc so the local board will be very handy

Reply to Ground source heat pump in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
We have just completed a self build, and heating system is Air Source Heat Pump, unvented HW cylinder, Buffet Tank, all Vaillant equipment. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views
Wiring a new extension and the clients are having Air Source Heating in their house, I'm waiting to see what supply is required for it from the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock