Search the forum,

Discuss Had my Solar PV installed yesterday - and couldn't be happier with my choice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

j2d

Had my Solar PV installed yesterday - and couldn't be happier with my choice
grin.gif

New to the Forum, but I thought i'd share my install info

West facing roof in Essex

16 x 245W sunlink panels
Aurora one inverter
Energy monitor
Both with a 10 year guarantee

All for £9750!!!

The installation went like a dream, a team of 5 turned up at 8am (1 doing the electrics, the rest on the roof)
Real nice proffessional guys, very neat and tidy job, who were more than happy to do exactly what I wanted - even trimmed down my soil vents for me.

Swithched on 2:30ish and even on a West facing roof with a large oak tree giving plenty of shading (which is soon to be trimmed) it produced 6 units and peaked at 2.657Kw.

Paid the final payment over the phone, and recieved my MCS cert and invoice within half hour by email, which I sent off this morning
wink.gif

Got up this morning at 7:30 and it had already switched on, and is now producing just over 2Kw's. Got the washing machine and 1200 watts of electric underfloor heating on, and the meter outside isn't moving!!! Happy days

I really couldnt recommend this company enough, they are a large nationwide company with lots of experience, great customer service and most importantly great price!! They are also offering a limited deal on 16 x 250w Sharp panels for £10,995 at the moment.

Anyway, hopefully the pics below will work and you can see the install for yourself. Any comments welcome

John

CIMG1191.jpg
CIMG1190.jpg
CIMG1189.jpg

DC cables, DC isolators, Inverter, presence of two supplies, do not disconnect DC under load etc. - the usual set of labels that should be affixed to all installations.

How many units did you produce today, i ask coz i'm in Essex with the same size system 3.92Kw. i have been up and running since last Sunday give me 103Kwh. so thats about £45 payback.

Is mounting on a wooden surface a problem? The Aurora installation manual doesn't mention combustible surfaces. I know SMA had an expert report on the subject for sunny boys & mini central inverters http://files.sma.de/dl/7418/HolzUnt-UEN082610.pdf and there appears to be no major problems.

Can't really tell from the pictures but what size is the AC cable, I would expect 6mm but it looks less than that, as i say though can't really tell just wondered?

Last edited:

Reply to Had my Solar PV installed yesterday - and couldn't be happier with my choice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock