Discuss Solar PV installation by Gordon in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spinball

I've been asking on here about getting solar panels for a while but I've hesitated because of the cost and the anticipation that PV technology will leap in efficiency soon.
But it's been the government's killing off of the FIT that prompted us to get an installation done before Xmas and since he'd been so helpful on here and local to us, I asked Gordon View Profile: Worcester - Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK to do the install.

I went for 16x250w Axitec black panels plus a Sunny Boy 3600TL inverter.

I was concerned about the routing of the cables from the loft under the panels (on the south roof) to the inverter next to the consumer unit in the (north) garage. There isn't an obvious route through the house and I didn't fancy having cables run round the outside.
But Gordon's electricians found a route into the loft by crawling in our roof space (much of our house is dormer) above several rooms. I was chuffed.

I used a spare homeplug to connect the inverter to our existing network, so that was easy.

The installation was painless and the guys left with the loft and garage clean and tidy and I think the panels look good on the roof. Gordon and his team were very pleasant to have around the house and even helped route my eco-eye sensor cable through the wall so I can monitor the system locally as well as by accessing sunnyportal.com.

The weather has been pretty pitiful since the completion date at the start of December, but we've had a few days when the sun has come through and pushed the output to over 3kw for short bursts.

So I'm happy with the install and looking forward to getting some real return on the investment as the days grow longer.

Before
1.jpg
After
2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks, Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to hear you've had a good job done, and not been conned by the fly-by-night sales orientated cowboys.

Reply to Solar PV installation by Gordon in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net