uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Help replacing an old pendant to IKEA pendant with connector block in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi everyone, new here. Sorry if this may have been posted before but here goes..

I've been asked by a family member to fit a new light fixture from an old ceiling rose pendant to this ikea one.. SKURUP Pendant lamp - black - IKEA - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/skurup-pendant-lamp-black-80407114/

Please see picture of the connector block attached to the L and N on the new light

Also see picture of old ceiling rose connections, switch live and loops etc.

Was wondering how to best connect it all up, I.e. taking the connector block off and wiring the L and N to the old rose or connecting the old wires to the new lights block?

If the latter, in which order would they go?

Thanks In advance

(Ignore the ceiling hook, that was to hold the new light fixture up)

IMG-20191027-WA0010.jpgIMG-20191027-WA0008.jpgIMG-20191027-WA0005.jpg

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
I would be advisable to leave the block connector on and linking from the pendant to the new lighling fittiing..

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm presuming class 2? It doesnt come with an earth attached.

Which wires from the existing fitting would go in the L and N of the connector block?

Live into the one with the red sleeved black, neutral to the one with the two blacks.

So just to confirm, all the Lives and the red sleeved black into the L on new fitting and then all neutrals in the N on new fitting?

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
The red sleeving is the live for the light and the blacks are the neutrals.and all the reds together are loop in and dont use them.

So just to confirm, all the Lives and the red sleeved black into the L on new fitting and then all neutrals in the N on new fitting?
No the three reds keep connected together but no connection to the new fitting.

Ahh so leave the old rose with the 3 reds up and just connect the switch live to the L and the 2 black to the N?

Reply to Help replacing an old pendant to IKEA pendant with connector block in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom