Discuss Help with 2330 level 3 - exams 301 & 302 & 303 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lee-wolves

Just started my level 3, im not the best with the maths and my lecturer at college keeps going on about theres alot of maths in this years exams like he has said every year but apparantly this year its alot of maths in the exams, im just asking if anyone on here has any formulas that might crop up in the exams or any pass papers you could send me or maybe a website where they do mock tests?

most of the formulas you learnt in level 2 will be used again ,and just a few more needed really that your tutor will give you, such as reactance etc

Help with 2330 level 3 - exams 301 & 302 & 303

I done mine last year mate and half online exams are on motors and half are on ac theory. I got about 8-10 question on motors and loads of mixed resistance/capacitance questions, a couple on lighting(lumens/lux and so on) with no ac theory. i found I didn't need to use equations but I did have to recognise what th equations were for. I think I used my calculator twice.

Hi mate

dont worry your tutor will go through them and I didnt get loads in my 301
its a online exam and think there are 16 H&S questions and 24 on scientific principles
out of these i got less than 8
the equations look daunting until you practice them
and i think i only had to use me calc a couple of times
the exam took me 10 mins and got distinction

as they say practice makes perfect
the heinmans lv3 book is ok or trever lyndseys books
also i bought a lv3 book for electrical installation calculations advanced By A.J.watkins and C.Kitcher check out electrical books on amazon

but dont worry mate its all in the course

good luck

Help with 2330 level 3 - exams 301 & 302 & 303

I done my lvl 3 last year and the hardest part is understanding what you learnt in the lesson the exams are watered right down. You could probably pass lvl 3 now if you know anything on motors .

Reply to Help with 2330 level 3 - exams 301 & 302 & 303 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net