Discuss Help with building notices/reporting procedures in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pb8

Hello all, I've been asked by a neighbour friend to change a consumer unit and was going to do it on a building notice. Question is do I need insurance cover or are the LABC liable because I'll go down the proper route and declare the job and provide PIR EIC etc?
Got 2391, 2330 all you need to register with ECA and the like but don't want to set up until economy improves-been listening to you guys getting rates chopped etc. I'll stay in my dingy factory. Usually give this sort of thing away to my mate but he's in London till Xmas as stuff quiet up here.
So any help appreciated.
Taa

you definitely need public liability. just suppose you made an error ( we all do from time to time ) and the house burnt down as a result. for the sake of about £80 per annum. professional indemnity is another matter

public liability is if your work causes damage to property. prof' indemnity is more to do with say , if you do a PIR and pass the installation as safe, and then a fault occurs, you could be held liable as the "expert", or, say you installed a fire alarm and it failed to activate when there was a fire.

yep. check the forum, " insurance for electricians" even get tools cover.

Reply to Help with building notices/reporting procedures in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net