Discuss Hi all Sparkies in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

McSpark

As an intro...
After 23 years in IT I took the plunge to achieve a background ambition as a sparks !! So far I have my 2330 L2 and I am ntly undertaking the L3 exams. I also have a self study exam through OLCI for my 17th Regs to sit in July.
I must say already that from the industrial, commercial and domestic experience I have had over the last year is that we are rather lowly paid. Seems that now, even for Electrical Improver roles, we need more and more qualifications. All at a cost of time and expence to ourselves, if like me you are a Sole Trader going through an agency. Do other trades get affected quite as much ?
So far I do not regret the change in job role. There is a lot of self satisfaction whether its house bashing or more personal jobs.
Looks like this is a great forum. I look forward to gaining knowledge from the threads and hope to contribute in some small way.
Cheers

Reply to Hi all Sparkies in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone. New member here, retraining to do domestic electrical work. I've been reading through the forum for a while now so thought I'd join...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm leaving the Navy after 6 years service as a Weapons engineer, (electrical technician in normal language) and I'm finding out my...
Replies
Views
Hi. I thought I would introduce myself on here in the hope to gain some valuable information on setting out on my own. I'm 42 and have been an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock