Discuss hi guys squaddie needing some advice about the industry! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andym1512

hi guys, im currently serving in the royal engineers as a military electrician (i gained 2381 doing this), im leaving service in the next few months. Im looking to get into the indusrty when i leave (ive completed 2382, part p and sitting 2391 end of feb).
Sparking in the army is different than on civvie street and despite having the quals i dont have the on-site experience and it will take me a few months to get upto speed. so can anyone give me some advice on the rates per hour i can expect as a guideline with this sort of background. any other useful tips or advice would also be much appreciated!
cheers
andy

You will find a job no trouble, army lads are always welcome. Clean on time and can be told what is expected of them never a problem.Where are you in the uk as this will affect your rate.As an ex army WO1 I have never been out of work and have worked all over the world.Good look in a brave new world.

cheers guys, much appreciated. im settling back home near liverpool. hit a few walls though to be honest because of the lack of experience. no doubt i could do a great job just struggling to 'get a foot in the door' as it were.

when i left the mob, i worked as a sparks mate for about a year, and then worked under another sparks for 3years, whilst getting my NVQ3 and 2330 L3, (got MD before finishing A2, so left with nothing aaprt from resettlement courses: 16th edition and 2391).

You may be able to get on site, and bluff it forages, but i reccomend that you work under another sparks, preferably in a small firm, so that you get one to one training from the sparks, and get a large range of experience. you may not get the money you want asap, but you will get the means to earn better money in the long run! horray to the CRE

John

Hi & welcome.:)

Reply to hi guys squaddie needing some advice about the industry! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net