Discuss High integrity earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

scotsparky

-
Arms
Reaction score
Ok just a quick question to confirm my suspitions.

A 4mm radial in metal containment for sockets is ok as high integrity earthing as both the 4mm CPC as well as the metal work are classed as eaarthing conductors so there is a parallel earth path.

Please correct me if i am wrong

Depends if the equipment being fed from this radial circuit requires an isolated (so-called ''Clean Earth'') earth or not? This subject has been covered in quite a few threads now, which can be seen at the bottom of this page under ''Similar Threads'' ...why not have a read.

A 4mm radial CPC within any form of mechanical protection is fine confirmed in this link http://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/26/5437-earthing.cfm?type=pdf

4mm single core rings in steel trunking supplying twin sockets with seperate earth terminals and CPCs seperated at main earth bar.
testers a muppet and has seen PCs and put it as a fault without looking.

e54 if the cable was 4mm singles in dado trunking or 4mm t&e using high integ sockets and the cpcs in seperate places in earth bar back at board would we need to run a seperate earth as well or would it be acceptable

e54 if the cable was 4mm singles in dado trunking or 4mm t&e using high integ sockets and the cpcs in seperate places in earth bar back at board would we need to run a seperate earth as well or would it be acceptable

If were talking about an all 4mm ring circuit or radial supplying a load with ''over'' 3.5 mA, 4mm CPC's on a ring or radial circuit would be acceptable, as dado trunking and PVC conduit etc, i would think is a suitable mechanical protection. 4mm T&E only has a 1.5 CPC conductor and would i think, not comply..

Best person to ask for a definitive answer is Malcolm, who is well versed in IT installations. I'm used to providing steel conduit/trunking containment installations in this area, with higher than minimum provisions...

Reply to High integrity earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net