Discuss hot tub in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 130 jet inflatable hot tub 16A 250v but it has come with a EU PLUG (the two prongs). So is there any way i could buy a uk adaptor to plug it in to and then plug it into a normal plug socket. Could i buy something like step down voltage converter or could i simply buy a uk adaptor.

Welcome to the forum mate.
What does the manual say about the installation of the hot tub?
I wouldn't buy one of the cheap adaptors as they would most probably not take 13A.
If it was me, and it was acceptable to do so, I would cut off the EU plug and fit a new plug.
Why mention a 'set down voltage converter'? The hot tub should be able to take the UK voltage.

If its 16A you'll need a separate circuit to supply that. It is not suitable for a 13A plug.

You need a new circuit and a registered electrician to install that and to certify that all of the relevant safety requirements are complied with. I wouldn't get into a pool of electrically heated water , with the power on, unless I was absolutely certain that everything was 150% correct.

Check the specifications of it. If it was for the USA market is would be 110V and very dangerous to plug in here. If it is for the EU market then the voltage rating is the same as the UK (even though the UK average supply is higher than the EU).

An on-line search pulled up some that might be like yours that are rated at 1.8kW heating and 0.6kW pump, together that would draw just under 11A so it would be acceptable to fit a 13A plug.

Finally make sure that any socket you are feeding it from is on a RCD ("earth leakage") protected circuit. If your house was wired/rewired in the last decade or less that will most likely be the case, but if older it might not be.

Reply to hot tub in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net