Discuss house to shed getting 3core swa round bend of house. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

seem to remember it's 4 x the dia. of the cable.

Unless the house is some kinda architectural masterpiece just notch the brick slightly....

sooooo many things wrong with some of these suggestions,but andys got it right,you cant mallet the swa in to a tight bend because you contravene minimum bend radiuses.and you shouldn't be knocking the corners off bricks or drilling holes at 45* because it destroys their weather proof outer layer and they will be crumbling away in no time damaging the property.
The correct way to get an swa or pyro round a 90* corner is this ... works for any external and internal 90* corners... if for some reason it can only go in a straight line round the bend then you will have to put up with a slight bulge in and bulge out..but at least the cable will be undamaged either way.
Regards.
Mikethesparx

swa round a brick corner..jpg

and you shouldn't be knocking the corners off bricks or drilling holes at 45* because it destroys their weather proof outer layer

But bricks are not waterproof and will only have a waterproof layer if it's been chemically added.

I said weatherproof not waterproof.and I'm afraid you are mistaken bricks do have a weatherproof hard outer layer without adding chemicals.....
A quote from bricks & Brass............
Caring for Your Brick Walls.
However, if you have a damp problem, removal is still the best solution. Sand-blasting and other abrasive methods are not safe for most brick walls; they damage the hard outer skin of the brick, allowing erosion of the softer core.

Every days a school day :)

I said weatherproof not waterproof.and I'm afraid you are mistaken bricks do have a weatherproof hard outer layer without adding chemicals.....
However, if you have a damp problem, removal is still the best solution. Sand-blasting and other abrasive methods are not safe for most brick walls; they damage the hard outer skin of the brick, allowing erosion of the softer core.

Well bugger me... It does say that... Soz for misquoting you mate. I actually read it as 'waterproof'

So when is it "Hug a Brick" day to show that you care?

rather have something to get hold of than a skinny anorexic size 10 southern wench. then bones don't half dig in.
At your age the only thing that you can get your two hands around is a bottle of White Lightning and you spill half of it anyways....... ;o))))))

size 8? that's teen age jail bait. anything under size 16 is anorexic. then again, .london is that crowded, no room for curvaceaous women.

Size 10 is a tad chubby, size 8 mate.........

Everyone to their own mate.
I like women to look like women, not 9 year old boys.... :p

yep.size 8.... pair of bee stings and an arse like next door's cat.YUK.

Everyone to their own mate.
I like my women to look like a 60 year old 22 stone male Northerner just leaving the dole office in their shell suit, not like 9 year old boys.... :p

errrrr okay whatever rocks your boat....... maybe we need a Readers Wives page......

Reply to house to shed getting 3core swa round bend of house. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net