Discuss House with concrete floors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Look at MF ceilings, hilti concrete nail gun to put the track, etc up. The rest is put together with tek screws all cut with tin snips/gilbows. Really quick and cheap

i want to put Downlighters in kitchen eventually and the mf ceeling looks really good, would make this possible. how much is this and can you get it from general wholesalers?

Armeg EBS Double Box Cutter | Electrical Box Sinkers | NoLinkingToThis
NoLinkingToThis - Power Tools, Electrical, Plumbing Supplies & more › ... › Electrical Box Sinkers
£69.99
Precision-machined cutting edges for rapid chiselling of double gang holes in masonry. For use after the Tri-Cut circular cutter. FREE next day delivery available, ...

Cant beat one of these for sinking a back box on soft block but pony on hard block/brick

i want to put Downlighters in kitchen eventually and the mf ceeling looks really good, would make this possible. how much is this and can you get it from general wholesalers?
build base, CCF (part of travis Perkins), etc.3.6m MF5 Ceiling Section - crawleyplasteringsupplies.co.ukwww.crawleyplasteringsupplies.co.uk › Metal Systems
MF5 Ceiling Section. MF5 main ceiling support section (Top Hat). MF5 is attached at right angles to the underside of the primary grid at 450mm centres and ...

This website will give you a rough idea on price.

I miss the days of smashed knuckles and a rawl-drill when the site had no power, everything by hand and yes you built your arm muscles up pretty quick in them days :)

I got in to trouble over a rawl drill. As apprentices two of us were told to replace the lighting in the intake substation. 20MW passing through it and not a single socket. All the fittings and conduit to run and all we had was the dreaded rawl drill.

Once the foreman was out of the way I connected a 110V drill in to the metering transformer and off we went.
What I didn’t know was every time the drill started the works metered load went down. The NWEB used summation metering and noticed one of the three feeders loading jumping up and down.

As the foreman put it, 9/10 for ingenuity, 10/10 for stupidity.

The company had to stump up for an auxiliary 5KVA 250V supply for the substation.
We were all glad of that during the miners strike, the shift electricians were based in the intake controlling the power distribution throughout the works. The place used to be like an icebox. Now we could have a kettle and a couple of oil filled radiators. (And the television, and, and, and)

I've only had to batten out ceilings a hand full of times but in each case we just used bog standard roofing batten (timber). Cheap as chips from TP. I'd imagine it would be cheaper than MF lengths. Someone I'm sure will be along to correct me though lol.

So how has the existing lighting, sockets, cooker, etc, circuits been installed?? It's probably an all conduit installation, so the only problem would be any additional lighting and socket outlets that's required....

Reply to House with concrete floors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net