Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss How much do electricians charge? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I know you shouldn’t price like this but sometimes you can price the job on it’s locality, difficulty and if you were doing long full days or short easy days

if it was a nice clean easy job that was on your door step you might feel inclined to do a more favourable rate of say 20-25 per hour

if it was 39 miles from your house, long days and difficult fiddly pain in the butt job then you may feel like charging 30-35 per hour

not all jobs are the same

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Aico 3000
Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Arms
Jealousy is not attractive, You should not pass judgement on others or it will eventually bight you, I have both, because I can't remember the registration of my car and my Arthritis prevents me having the strength to open the gates, so in reality it's not indicative.

Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities

-
Esteemed
Arms
It’s not jealousy, and not bring personal. it was a lighthearted comment. Sorry you saw it differently. I refuse to add LOL to avoid confusion.

Anyway, my suggestion is one of the ways that wealth can be distributed.

davesparks

davesparks

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
thanks for the replies. I was thinking £25 per hour to be honest, so I think that's what I'll invoice him for. And good point Dave, I really need to get this invoice over today cos i'm getting a bit skint lol
That's too cheap, don't forget you loose over a quarter of that to tax and NI, then you've got to allow for business overheads including insurance, scheme registration, travel time, paperwork time, tools, vehicle expenses etc etc

Baddegg

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
It’s not jealousy, and not bring personal. it was a lighthearted comment. Sorry you saw it differently. I refuse to add LOL to avoid confusion.

Anyway, my suggestion is one of the ways that wealth can be distributed.
We can jest but I’m in agreement mate, it’s just a fact of life that if you have lots someone will try n take it, I charge higher rates to people that can afford it but conversely I also do lots of small jobs for free for elderly and less well off people.....it’s all about balance 😁

Micktw68

Micktw68

thanks for the replies. I was thinking £25 per hour to be honest, so I think that's what I'll invoice him for. And good point Dave, I really need to get this invoice over today cos i'm getting a bit skint lol
Too cheap. SE is £35 minimum.

D

DefyG

-
£25 is too cheap in SE. We charge £45 for first hour and £36/hr thereafter (Plus VAT) (including o'heads plus travelling) and haven't stopped throughtout lockdown! Often think we are too cheap!
Saying that, I do know 'one man band' sparks locally charging £25/28 per hour.

P

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
I charge higher rates to people that can afford it but conversely I also do lots of small jobs for free for elderly and less well off people.....it’s all about balance 😁
There are few things I remember from a short business/accountancy course we had as a student (main memory is being bored witless), but I remember Mr Symonds covering this sort of thing: that some customers have high expectations and want work done to suit them so you charge them more, and others simply can't afford it and are more accommodating to you, so you charge them less.

Baddegg

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
There are few things I remember from a short business/accountancy course we had as a student (main memory is being bored witless), but I remember Mr Symonds covering this sort of thing: that some customers have high expectations and want work done to suit them so you charge them more, and others simply can't afford it and are more accommodating to you, so you charge them less.
To be honest it’s nice working for people don’t don’t worry about costs and are more concerned with the finish, but I do like the look on an old girls face when they get the purse out and then you tell em it’s ok no charge 😂

L

Lewiselectric

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for all your responses guys, helped out a lot.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to How much do electricians charge? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
Top Bottom