Discuss how rough???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lloyd1980

Just thought Id share with you what I found yesterday at someones house
The spark who installed this did so 4 years ago, charged her £ 950 for the shower feed install , this included an £ 80 quid charge for a full drum of 10mm, the remainder on the drum he took on the van

and I couldnt beleive the route he'd picked for the feed:eek:

it is a driveway and right by a gate used all the time

anyway enjoy the pics !!!

IMG00054-20100629-1725.jpg

IMG00055-20100629-1726.jpg

IMG00056-20100629-1726.jpg

he had installed a 1 way rcd board feeding it, fed that in 10mm but between the board and the little shower rcd board hes stripped the outer sheath off leaving just red and black 10mm tails' with green and yellow taped cpc
........magic!!!
must have took him about 4 hours all in all - nearly a grand!

on a more serious note he could of at least enclosed it in some sort of conduit ... black normally looks nice up the wall..!!

£950 :eek: must have been good time or naive customers!!

my reckoning..

45 for Shower RCD and isolator
80 for cable!! why not!!
and 300 for fitting

or call it 450 the job inc conduit!!

sorry i was hard up at the time and need the money!!! :eek:

PMSL!!!

yeah RCD in his case stood for Retarded Clipping Distances

ive seen some rough stuff in my time but this is right up there
the woman had no idea of the risks with it like it is, she then asked me could i put some trunking over it, I then told her white trunking down the side of the house would look worse than it does

Im back next week to do work there I may just tell her she needs conduit, fit it and just charge her for the conduit and saddles

I feel sorry for her

£80 for cable, bear in mind this was years ago and he took the whole drum with him lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh!!! she willing pays 950 for a dumbo and you will fit the conduit for cost price!! :confused:

nah i see where your coming from, i probably would do the same as next time she needs work she will ring YOU!! (plus its advantage you working there any way!)

lol... drum of 50 cost nearly 100 now!! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
mate im making good money on the rest of the work im doing there - outside supply to sheds, seperate consumer units, outside ip rated socket, and new socket in hall and sockets in kitchen

Id sleep better knowing that baby was wrapped up in black conduit and her grand kiids wont be picking at it then getting belted

it will take me half an hour to do

this is the type of idiot you get on MY HAMMER right now

imagine if everyone took a leaf out of this fellas book, rewiring the house and running ALL the cables on the outside lol

Reply to how rough???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net