Discuss How to remove Bosch fridge display panel in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

breeza

DIY
Reaction score
I need to change the door on a Bosch fridge freezer KGN49AI30G
Looks like a straightforward job apart from the requirement to remove the display panel built into the front of the door.
I can't see any gaps that would let me prize it out. Can anyone give me any tips on how to remove this without marking the door or the display?

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20210313_095547873.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 12
I think you might need to look behind the front of the door panel.
The new door might give you some clues

I think you might need to look behind the front of the door panel.
The new door might give you some clues
There doesn't appear to be any access from the other side. The door appears to be one sealed unit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 10.19.18.png
    616.4 KB · Views: 14
The plastic inner door panel is probably held on with double sided tape, so would mean lifting the door seal up and sliding something a little bit thinner than Tel's suggestion between the panel and door.
There may be screws, possibly in the corners.

Fridge carcasses and doors are usually assembled then pumped with foam after so there may also be foam stuck to the back of the panel holding it back.

Is there a cable from the door to the carcass or does the display work by vudoo majic?

OR
Does the chrome piece with Bosch on it lift up to reveal screws?

Last edited:
Check behind the edge of the door seal they usually hide the screws or push rivets behind that

Looking at the location of the panel in the door I would say that dismantling is possible as how else would you get the wiring into the door unless the new door is prewired

I need to change the door on a Bosch fridge freezer KGN49AI30G
Looks like a straightforward job apart from the requirement to remove the display panel built into the front of the door.
I can't see any gaps that would let me prize it out. Can anyone give me any tips on how to remove this without marking the door or the display?

Thanks
look up under control panel...two slots on mine to put flat head small screwdriver in slot and shove towards you at an angle and door will pop...repeat on other side. Its a clip inside. I am tying to get to control panel LED ring...can't figure that one off now I have panel off

Reply to How to remove Bosch fridge display panel in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net