Discuss I was wondering could someone tell me how much an adult apprentice electrian gets paid weekly? Im 45 and was looking into becoming an adult apprentice in the Electrical News - Electricians News area at ElectriciansForums.net

AF43DD5FF

Trainee
Reaction score
I recently started as an adult apprentice and my employer pays the statutory minimum wage for apprentices, so £4.30 per hour (as of this year) for the first year, then full minimum wage for my age once I've completed the first year.

The government website is pretty clear on minimum wages for apprentices, although some employers may choose to pay more.

What is not completely clear for me is what constitutes completing the first year, if it's being employed for 1 year, or having completed and passed first year modules at college.

Reaction score
I recently started as an adult apprentice and my employer pays the statutory minimum wage for apprentices, so £4.30 per hour (as of this year) for the first year, then full minimum wage for my age once I've completed the first year.

The government website is pretty clear on minimum wages for apprentices, although some employers may choose to pay more.

What is not completely clear for me is what constitutes completing the first year, if it's being employed for 1 year, or having completed and passed first year modules at college.
I was told by someone that an adult apprentice gets paid the living wage because they take into account the persons age and that they have a mortgage and young family...what age are you?

AF43DD5FF

Trainee
Reaction score
I was told by someone that an adult apprentice gets paid the living wage because they take into account the persons age and that they have a mortgage and young family...what age are you?
I'm 39

Link to gov website is posted by plugsandsparks.

S

SNES64

Not me blister. The guy says hes 45 then 39.

Never to late either way

You are on about two different people mate - OP said 45, another member said they were 39.

Anyway, I was 26 and got paid nat minimum when I broke in 7/8 years ago, but I had completed level 2&3 2330 and got the 17th all from night school so I was a little more appealing to employers than some - although I still knew bugger all.

Reply to I was wondering could someone tell me how much an adult apprentice electrian gets paid weekly? Im 45 and was looking into becoming an adult apprentice in the Electrical News - Electricians News area at ElectriciansForums.net