Discuss Inspection and testing 2391 course prices in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mag8485

Ive been reading some 2391 courses cost up to 700 quid with the average being about 500.
I done mine at Central Beds college just outside Luton. Costs about 200 pound for a 6 week course, (6 saturdays)
I got it for 125 pound (concessionary rate) because i was not working at the time and on job seakers benefits. Its cheap but id recommend it to anyone, the guy who teaches it has a 70% average pass rate.

Seams there is a massive difference in the course price all over the country and from what i heard most of them 550 pound quick 5 day courses have a pass rate of 30%.

Ive been reading some 2391 courses cost up to 700 quid with the average being about 500.
I done mine at Central Beds college just outside Luton. Costs about 200 pound for a 6 week course, (6 saturdays)
I got it for 125 pound (concessionary rate) because i was not working at the time and on job seakers benefits. Its cheap but id recommend it to anyone, the guy who teaches it has a 70% average pass rate.

Seams there is a massive difference in the course price all over the country and from what i heard most of them 550 pound quick 5 day courses have a pass rate of 30%.

I paid around the £500 mark for a 4 day course. The bloke taking ours explained that the pass rate on these is low because people don't put the effort in in their own time. There was a few lads on my course going home and not reading GN3 or going over the papers we'd been given and the next week they were struggling.

I just hope I put enough effort in. Took the June 10th exam and I'm still awaiting my results.

Yeah i suppose it has alot to do with own effort put into reading GN3. I took the June 10 exam too, just waiting now for the results on 9 August.

hi
the course i have taken for 2391 was £455 + £85 for the practical revision day but then the college paid half then i got funding for another £150 so only ended up paying for £140 + £85 for the extra day. it was a 8 week evening course for 3 hrs a evening they also do alrenativly from the evening one 4 week course for 1 day a week and then a evening for exam and half day for the practical assesment still waiting nervously for the results

I'm doing my 2391 tomorrow in Sunderland and it's costing me £395+vat. I did my 17th Edition at the same place and it is the cheapest centre for courses in the North East. This doesn't reflect in the training though. Top class tutor and friendly staff.

one of the cheapest centre's in the north east is south shields college i have just paid £170 for full 17th edition (10 week course) and the 2391 is cheapest at newcastle college £250 for 10 week course. no idea what the lecturers are like.

I'm doing mine at Anastasis Training in Sunderland. The guys there run a four day course and night courses as they are aware that people have to work and they can't always manage the 4 day course. I looked at the local colleges but decided on Anastasis due to the brand new centre they have and all the equipment is brand new too. The guy who is running the 2391 actually used to work at Newcastle college amongst others.

Included in the price of the full 17th Edition was the IEE Regs book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am doing mine now at Plymouth collage. have done the course, which was done over three days 9 to 5. just the exams to go, first one, the practical on Wednesday. it cost £220

Reply to Inspection and testing 2391 course prices in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net