Discuss Insult at work in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

you could try " i'll fix that handyman job for you if you'll be a good girl and make the tea"

Ken, I must admit I feel for you.

People can be so foolish and ignorant, but they are often in a higher position of aurthority than ourselves.

I don't think I can cope with working with idiots anymore. Im expected to go into work tommorow, however, im not going because of zero support and idiots. I have really struggled with people lately, I just don't get the mentality of most of the people I have had to work with over the last few weeks.

Absolutely awful.

And my months wage was a take home of ÂŁ1084.
I don't think so, they can stick it.

Im going to be self employed and follow my passion of making stained glass windows.

If the 'shop-keeper' you talk about continues to be annoying give me a shout. I will probably be going out in the North Sea again real soon, we could arrange for her to come with me.

Its dangerous out there (espessially if im at the helm).

cough, splutter.......swim.

Sink.

Last edited by a moderator:
SMB far better than a handy man in this world of being politically correct i would like to advice you that the job you hold is actually a "maintainance engineer"
so mate stand up and be proud you should be ( I used to be a field maintainace engineer ) no i didnt cut the grass i worked maintaining shops all round the country for Mr Clinton cards

as long as they pay you mate:p

Ive made my decision...Im quitting and im going to make art from stained glass.

It will probably be a complete failure but atleast I will be cheerful for the time im doing it.

And......I won't have to mix with idiots.

Bankrupt in 6 months.....grin.

Dont mate just be your self , i had years of being put down , example when working for CC i found a supply that was wire the wrong way round and had just had a PIR done on it so i rang the the manager of maintainance who told me to ring the company who carried it out so i did only to find he had already done it making me look a right plonker he did it all the time with cont
stant critersisum i had a nervouse breakdown which still hits occasionally as you may have noticed in a post a while ago , now any one puts me down i just agree with them and get on with my work , now im self employed i tend to moan alot at my self talk to myself and answer back too so mate chin up would have loved to have seen the tiles bet they were spot on

I don't think you should take it as an insult... we shouldn't expect shopkeepers and secretaries to know the ins and outs of the industry and who's called what. Would we instinctively know the difference between an assistant, a duty manager, a deputy manager, a section manager, a GSM, a DM and an ASM? And if you called a duty manager an assistant manager, do you think they have the right to get upset about it?

Sure, handyman is a bit demeaning to us in the industry, but unless she said it in a deliberately offensive way, I don't think she is trying to pick a fight. Maybe next time make a joke of it, saying something like 'well you may be only paying me handyman rates, but I'm a maintenance electrician' or whatever. If a plumber or a chippy called you a handyman, feel free to knock him out, but these people don't realise the difference.

Ha! Its nice to be open Nick, yeah I did see your post about your past problems. Ive also seen a post today from you really trying to help somebody (RCBO). Nice one.

Im not confident enough to become a selfemployed electrician. I have done it in the past though. I have no money, no van and no power tools. But if someone gave me a row of terraced houses to rewire I would grab the oppotunity. Im good at that. The job ive been doing is totally beyond me, I don't have the experience, or confidence, to carry it out. The problem is I have had zero support, it has made me feel ill. Im shocked about the way I have been treated.

What I do have is a small wooden workshop full of stained glass and the skill to make designs to make it look pretty. Not everyones cup of tea, however, I get off on it. What I need is a decent router and the skill to use it efficently.

By the way, I didn't lay the tiles...Ken did.

ken, tell her if she likes the way you laid the tiles....... you can guess the rest.

Ken, I must admit I feel for you.

People can be so foolish and ignorant, but they are often in a higher position of aurthority than ourselves.

I don't think I can cope with working with idiots anymore. Im expected to go into work tommorow, however, im not going because of zero support and idiots. I have really struggled with people lately, I just don't get the mentality of most of the people I have had to work with over the last few weeks.

Absolutely awful.

And my months wage was a take home of ÂŁ1084.
I don't think so, they can stick it.

Im going to be self employed and follow my passion of making stained glass windows.

If the 'shop-keeper' you talk about continues to be annoying give me a shout. I will probably be going out in the North Sea again real soon, we could arrange for her to come with me.

Its dangerous out there (espessially if im at the helm).

cough, splutter.......swim.

Sink.

smb..i think you have the sunday blues,you say the job is beyond you but they employed you,so they think you can do the job,you have to be a bit more ruthless,it might not be your nature but you'll get the hang of it,i wouldnt rap just yet,use the wages your getting to start your glass business if thats what you want to do,at least you have some money coming in,not sure if you have family or kids,but theres an old saying 'love goes out the window when debt comes through the door' dont do owt daft just yet..

i was thinking more on the lines of over her desk, after hours. then she would find out what handyman really meant.

Reply to Insult at work in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net