Discuss Interesting chat with EDF meter man in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Edf chap out on site earlier to do some moving around, and I asked him (like you do) if he was going to fit an isolator for me. "Oh no" was the reply, "we can't do that anymore as it's the right side of the meter, therefore the customers responsibility, so comes under part p. And we're not Part P'd at EDF".

Mind you, he also just screwed the new meter to the wall, saw that I wasn't quite ready with my tails and then said "I've left you some seals, you don't mind finishing up for me, do you?". (BOTH sides, that is!).

they seem to make it up as they go along / do what can be got away with / work in the grey bit between white and black.

Trouble is it's not laid down and clear (obviously) so it'll just carry on like that.

I've had mostly nice chats with DNO blokes. most have gone out of their way to be helpful, like you say leaving a bit spare here and there to help out.

Just ONE once that was a knob'ed.

Ah well BAU then. So now either work live (not!) or call them to remove fuse (or the more likely version ;)).

So what to install? DP Isolator or maybe switch fuse if it's a long run to the CU's location.

Reply to Interesting chat with EDF meter man in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
I had Scottish Power moving a supply this morning from one building to another so an extension could be built. I had everything ready for them...
Replies
Views
I finished my Electrical Fitter/Mechanic Apprenticeship in late 1998 as a mature age student while working at an Electrical Distributor across our...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. I'm not an electrician but I thought this would be a good place to get some guidance and get some understanding on health and safety...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock