Discuss Is my business worth any thing? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SAILOR48

I have been trading as a ltd company and been a member of one of the main scammer schemes for over 20 years.JIB registered.
I have let the business slide over the last couple of years (Due to having other income stream).
Still shows a small profit every year.(It is solvent has a good record for making payments to the wholesalers etc on time)
The main work is installing special indusial machinery. (Southern England mainly)
I can retire in April 2013.
I am the qualifying manger for the scheme this could be easily transferred to a suitably qualified person very easily.
What I see advantages to some one is a ready made ltd company, with no debt, all the equipment needed to carry out the works and a long track record of being in one of the proper schemes.
Company insurance is reasonable (Including indemnity) because of record.
What I see is a ready made company with a good track record all the systems in place.
What do you think?

I think, what contracts someone can gain by buying this is the key... Or emply someone to keep it going, or sell everything on ebay and enjoy it while it lasted

When you sell or buy a company thats installating equipment the value is mainly made up from the good will i.e. the client base. Agreeing a value could be tricky, best you speak to your accountant.

Most business selling agents work on your annual maintenance agreements and client listing for repeated work.
Usual agreements are 3 x your annual maintenance income plus equipment and good will costs.
This is only and guideline, but is how these companies think.

it is usually valued at your customer base and 5x your profits, for the year, well thats what I have been told by folks who have put their businesses up for sale, so if you made a profit of 10k for example and had a couple of long term contracts you may if lucky have a 50k value, so maybe a 25k offer, however we are in a recession so that may be not the case now.

it is usually valued at your customer base and 5x your profits, for the year, well thats what I have been told by folks who have put their businesses up for sale, so if you made a profit of 10k for example and had a couple of long term contracts you may if lucky have a 50k value, so maybe a 25k offer, however we are in a recession so that may be not the case now.

Hi thanks for the replies.
I have existing orders , with a good customer, should be able to get done by May.
I think I will stop taking any more on and go and sit in the sun.:sunny:

I don't blame you fella, when I get my static caravan I intend to work 3 days a week haha and sit in the sun fishing by the side of a lake, I hope my post was helpful, obviously I have no idea of your firms worth and don't need to know, I was just suggesting figures to give examples, hope someone even in this recession would be interested and you get a fair price, best of luck.

Reply to Is my business worth any thing? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net