Discuss is the encraft sap calculator, accurate enough to use or not in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have used the sma software to design a 22 bp4180t 3.96kw system, it say that it will produce a yearly yield approx 3697 kwh which is 92425 kwh over 25 years.

but the encraft website says that it would produces 3044kwh a year approx which is 76100kwh over 25 years

which should i use when calculating the yearly return and is that enough evidence to please the mcs

It is specifically stated that you need to provide the sap calculation as the primary calculation for energy yeild on any quote you provide a customer. In reality the sap calculation under estimates actual generation quite considerably and you can say this to any prospective client. But please do not try to up sell you systems by saying they will produce x kWh's per year as more that the sap calc, as obviously the total generation for the year is completely dependent on the amount of solar irradiation that will fall on the modules, and you dont want to give your clients false hope because they wont thank you for it... be honest with them

i have used the sma software to design a 22 bp4180t 3.96kw system, it say that it will produce a yearly yield approx 3697 kwh which is 92425 kwh over 25 years.

but the encraft website says that it would produces 3044kwh a year approx which is 76100kwh over 25 years

which should i use when calculating the yearly return and is that enough evidence to please the mcs

It isn't a sap calculator so doesn't meet the MCS criteria - simples!

There seems to be some confusion among some installers about what sap actually is. I had a trainer from a well known training company tell me the other day that you could calculate a sap for a barn - which you clearly can't. As the guys above say SAPcalc for domestics - Complete Picture only charge £85 ish a year for their software.

Reply to is the encraft sap calculator, accurate enough to use or not in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net