Discuss Is there a standalone weatherproof timer? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

happyhippydad

Electrician's Arms
I am looking for a weatherproof timer to switch a 2 gang socket on/off.

I can find plenty of single sockets that incorporate a timer but I cannot find one with with 2 sockets, or just a separate weatherproof timer (suitable for sockets, 16A) that I could then use to switch a standard 2 gang weatherproof socket.

Does anyone know if anything like this is available?

davesparks

Forum Mentor
If at all possible it's far better to put the timeswitch indoors earlier in the circuit, the best way to weatherproof something is to not put it outside.

If it has to go outside then a Din rail mounted timeswitch in a weatherproof enclosure would do the job.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
If at all possible it's far better to put the timeswitch indoors earlier in the circuit, the best way to weatherproof something is to not put it outside.

If it has to go outside then a Din rail mounted timeswitch in a weatherproof enclosure would do the job.
Agree

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.