Discuss 3kw heaters install, timer switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening Gents

just after a bit of advice and what would you do differently. I have wired up 3 kw heaters in 4mm tuff cable (40 meter distance, separate circuits, b20 mcb warehouse). I used these energy efficient timer switches to save energy. I have managed to get the wires in but it’s tight, I feel if I remove the cover it pull the connections out from circuit board inside. Thinking about ditching the switches, any ideas what I could. I don’t want a metal glad switch in case people forget to switch it off.

Eterna IP66 16A Electrical Outdoor Time Delay Switch (Switch I installed)​

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3996.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 13
I doubt the terminals in those are suitable for 4mm, more likely designed for 1.5mm as they are limited to 16A.

You could use the time switch to operate a contactor to switch the actual load, either one contactor to switch all 3 at once or individually. Thai has the added advantage of reducing the load on the timeswitches and potentially extending their lifespan.

Reply to 3kw heaters install, timer switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm about to switch to an energy tariff whereby i think it would be better/cheaper to heat my water via my immersion heater and not my gas...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking to install a 3kw patio heater spurring off an existing socket (on a ring main) as below: 1. Cable to isolator switch (32...
Replies
Views
Done a few EICR's recently and having a blonde moment regarding storage heaters. All storage heaters in the property are rated at 1.5kw and fed...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm New to this forum and am hoping to obtain some advise if possible please? I have a situation where a megaflow system is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock