JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib...oz?????

Discuss Jib...oz????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

harry71

hi, i left college around 2005 but only ever completed parts 1 & 2. just before christmas i took my 17th edition and passed so all i need now to gain jib electrician grading is an nvq3. my local college are not enrolling for the nvq3 till september and to go down the college funded route means taking my am2 also. i have found training centre that allow you to complete the nvq3 on fast track but that means i will not have officially completed an apprenticeship, but can still achieve jib electrician grading. i really want to get a jib card as soon as possible as i want to go traveling and working around the world, oz in particular. i spoke to the jib in the week and they said having not completed an official apprenticeship it can be a problem when working abroad. can anyone shed some light on this please? oz is my main concern so would like to know if jib electrician grading is recognized?

Last edited by a moderator:
there are different local schemes that can get you through nvq 3 for free , i signed my apprentice up to our local one in the midlands last week,there sorting the paper side and just coming out to assess him on site a few times if he answers the right questions etc they recon he'll be passed in 6 months.
Personally dont rate nvq but its neccessary to get you cards so..
as for the jib they would love more apprentice ships through them,because its more money them and the unions there linked with. they dont have much time for people who fund themselves and put themselves through education no money in it.id just sort your nvq get your card and go enjoy.
good luck

:)hey guys just got back from oz and , if your a spark here youll only really be able to work in oz as an unlicenced electrician or as they call it a trades assistant, so it still pays well enough for living out there,:cool:

i spoke to the jib in the week and they said having not completed an official apprenticeship it can be a problem when working abroad. can anyone shed some light on this please? oz is my main concern so would like to know if jib electrician grading is recognized?

JIB are boll#cking you!Nobody ever, ever heard about them abroad!
You better get 2391, because this is the real thing!
And some real experience also, if you go abroad, experience is most important!
I know by myself...

I am about to sign up for an NVQ - so I can get a JIB card but it's going to cost me £500 plus the AM2. Information about any funding for these would be appreciated. I passed all the exams between 1997 - 2000 but never did the NVQ portfolio.

I am about to sign up for an NVQ - so I can get a JIB card but it's going to cost me £500 plus the AM2. Information about any funding for these would be appreciated. I passed all the exams between 1997 - 2000 but never did the NVQ portfolio.

The jib will give you a card now providing you have your ecs health and safety and the £25 enclosed cheque, What is says on the card is dependant on the qualifications you provide the jib to grade you. ie electrical labourer, tester etc

Reply to Jib...oz????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock