Discuss just found on ebay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I cant imagine that they would make any money, unless the bill rises as you encounter problems. I saw a similar ad which was for a new cu for £250. I would say its impossible to give a fixed price until you have visited the address.

googled the company in yellow pages,plumming heating electrical says fully qualified i was wondering if this could be a plummer doing full scope work?
can a kitchen fitter plummer etc that have sighned up with elecsa etc do full rewires on limmited scope.
makes me wonder how many other trades have got there foot in the door doing electric work maybe i need to do plumbing or fit kitchens?

I'm assuming it's not the CU he is showing, as that one isn't dual RCD.
Also, it doesn't say whether it is using mini-trunking, existing channels (if oval conduit is already there of course), or new channelling made good afterwards.
I can only guess that this will be for a surface-mount rewire.

can a kitchen fitter plummer etc that have sighned up with elecsa etc do full rewires on limmited scope.
makes me wonder how many other trades have got there foot in the door doing electric work maybe i need to do plumbing or fit kitchens?

No he cannot. He's only allowed to do minor works directly associated with his main trade (eg add an FCU for a boiler).

Rewires/new consumer units are not included in limited scope.

Yeah he does fuseboards for £249.00 he is only around the corner from me to. Wow fair play to him, i don't know how people get them prices materials cost me that! I must be missing a trick or two, possibly 3!

Wow this make good reading too .... you got me going now chaps!!
NEW FUSE BOARD SUPPLIED AND FITTED - BIRMINGHAM, COVENTRY, SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDS

The Consumer Unit will be located in the same position as the old one. If you require us to relocate it, this may incur additional charges. The cost of the service does NOT include any costs for making your electrical wiring safe or any upgrades to or additional earth bonding.

Wow this make good reading too .... you got me going now chaps!!
NEW FUSE BOARD SUPPLIED AND FITTED - BIRMINGHAM, COVENTRY, SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDS

The Consumer Unit will be located in the same position as the old one. If you require us to relocate it, this may incur additional charges. The cost of the service does NOT include any costs for making your electrical wiring safe or any upgrades to or additional earth bonding.

Just had a look at the Home Page page on this web site!!! Say's it all in the first photograph really, which shows Non UK Standard (German or French) plug and socket wall accessories... Or perhaps maybe they are thinking of expanding their Birmingham work area!! lol!!!

Then a photo of a 16th edition CU, that wouldn't now meet current domestic installation requirements... Sloppy on a web page, makes you wonder if they are just as sloppy on safety in peoples homes!!! lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you have got to put yourself out there if you want a result just like these guys have

Back to the ebay "item":

Spelling mistakes
No mention of LABC

and more importantly who in their right mind would do a buy it now without meeting the provider.

This is more about marketing than selling.

Who's installing the new smart meter read some where its british gas , well access to every home in the uk ,great eh its the end of the small time spark ,how do you compete with the big guys you get chewed up and spat out , round here there are guys are re wiring 3 bed house in a day for £1500 , cant imagin what the works like

Who's installing the new smart meter read some where its british gas , well access to every home in the uk ,great eh its the end of the small time spark ,how do you compete with the big guys you get chewed up and spat out , round here there are guys are re wiring 3 bed house in a day for £1500 , cant imagin what the works like
well..it`l be crap wont it....

Reply to just found on ebay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock