Discuss Klima Underfloor heating Matts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimpleSimon

Evening Guys and girls

Anyone recently installed a Klima underfloor heating matt? I recently supplied a power source to one in my in-laws house that was installed by the builder.
Seem to be gettting no luck with it working though, its a manual thermostat. There's power there and I can hear the thermostat click over when I turn the wheel but no heat is actually coming out.

There is a floor sensor and the actual power to the matt. I have followed the wiring instructions and changed the Dil switches in all the combinations, even in reverse in case I was reading it wrong.

Anyone had any experience or issues with these?

first get a clamp meter on a tail and see if the mat is drawing current. if so, then you'll probably find that it's just the warm up time. leave it for an hour. these mats seem to take forever before you feel any heat.

On some of the stats , I have had to alter the probe temperature as well , the digital type stat with 2 flaps one on each side , can't remember the make , has a setting for the probe as well as the normal room stat , I found out because I had a similar problem , manufacturer talked me through it , all was o/k afterwards

Reply to Klima Underfloor heating Matts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Up until now I have steered clear of heating systems. I now have quite a bit of work with a builder and will be expected to deal with the...
Replies
Views
m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views
Conversation developed with a middle aged lady who has recently lost her husband. Note to self, stop walking dog around the graveyard Anyway...
Replies
Views
Hi guys We are due to undertake a new build install where they are using air source. Its the first air source I have installed so need a bit of...
Replies
Views
My mother moved into her three bed home in 1960 and it had underfloor heating in the living room. I remember we used it when I was growing up in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock