Discuss Led trailer wiring help in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

paul74

DIY
Reaction score
Hello. Recently I've purchased some led lights for my trailer. Secondhand no wiring guide. Led wire colours are white,black,red,yellow and green. I have standard 7 wire cable and socket from old lights. Any help would be appreciated

White is the common negative (earth) in your old wiring, and it may be in your new, but otherwise it's likely to be the black. For the rest, they may or may not be the standard colours, but try red for brake lights and yellow and green for the indicators (same as in the original).
It may be as simple as match colour to colour, which will leave the original brown with nowhere to go. The original 7 core has brown and black for the tail lights on each side of the car, but your LEDs may just have the black for both sides.

Reply to Led trailer wiring help in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I have a tail light for a '12 Ducati Panigale 1199 S, that I can't get working properly. The brake light / daytime running lights...
Replies
Views
Am fitting a new pir led floodlight . The exsisting light is connected to 4 core round flexible cable, core colours green/yellow, blue, brown...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, hope all are well. I'm changing a ceiling rose and have lost the diagram showing where everything was connected (to the old light)...
Replies
Views
Hello, disclaimer: this is DIY and I am rather ignorant about electrical works. I just moved into a new rental apartment and i wanted to connect...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock