Discuss Lucien Nunes - Auction of collection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who amongst us doesn't need this 'Rejuvenator' machine?

I have one already. Great fun at supper parties, but believe me, it doesn't work. :)

Screenshot 2024-04-05 224649.png

I have bid on a couple of items , I do hope I can get the new toaster for the wife as she hates the one we currently have.
If I do win it, she will look at me like I just peed in her soup, especially if she finds out how much it cost.
Things might get broken when I tell her she can’t plug it in!!!

What I find sobering is that several of the items I know very well because I had the exact same models, new. Doesn’t make me feel old at all 🙄

The Philips portable cassette, the Russell Hobbs kettle, and even the Panasonic first generation mobile phone. The latter used either a car kit, or you could unclip it and walk about with it in a shoulder bag. In those days using the thing in public made made one look a complete d!ck. 😀

What I find sobering is that several of the items I know very well because I had the exact same models, new. Doesn’t make me feel old at all 🙄

The Philips portable cassette, the Russell Hobbs kettle, and even the Panasonic first generation mobile phone. The latter used either a car kit, or you could unclip it and walk about with it in a shoulder bag. In those days using the thing in public made made one look a complete d!ck. 😀

I can still remember my Mum drying my hair with one of the Morphy Richards hair dryers. And I still to this day marvel at how long my Grandma's old Russell Hobbs kettle lasted :) I'm sure you're not alone in feeling just that little bit older as your peruse the lots... I know I did

I can still remember my Mum drying my hair with one of the Morphy Richards hair dryers. And I still to this day marvel at how long my Grandma's old Russell Hobbs kettle lasted :) I'm sure you're not alone in feeling just that little bit older as your peruse the lots... I know I did
Ha ha! So long as the hair dryer you remember wasn’t that pink hood thing, you shouldn’t worry too much. 😀

The reason those old kettles lasted so long is that every Tv repair shop (remember them?) sold spare elements. It was a different world. We fixed stuff. I still do.

In those days the element tubes were made out of incoloy or hastelloy and they had a very long life expectancy. Nowadays they're far inferior quality and designed to fail after a couple of years. just the world we live in unfortunately.

The reason those old kettles lasted so long is that every Tv repair shop (remember them?) sold spare elements. It was a different world. We fixed stuff. I still do.
And as a sixteen year old lad I worked in a TV shop and used to be on kettle repair duty!! Not only did the elements fail but the classic Russell Hobbs automatic kettle had manufacturing issues with the seams on the spouts and they used to fall off - that's how/where/why I learnt how to silver solder!

Reply to Lucien Nunes - Auction of collection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net